Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
6CFA3BB7-EA13-4AE4-9058-6A6343F579FF.jpeg
The stock levers are both too far out for my hands so I need to replace both. But it’s hard to tell how much closer some of the replacement options are. I know they have several levels of adjustment, but it’s unclear what the closest point might be. Does anyone have pics or other data? I’ve emailed some of the manufacturers but it would be good to get info from someone who has used them and might have other feedback.

I have another bike with levers that I love, the biggest difference is my index finger covers much more of it due to a more pronounced curve in the bar - this is the stock Scrambler bar with a very gentle slope towards the handlebar.

Considering Hotbodies:
Scrambler 2015-19 & Multistrada 950 2017-18 MGP Levers (Set) - HotbodiesRacing.com

Evotech
EP Ducati Scrambler Icon Short Clutch and Brake Lever set 2015 - 2018

Unlikely, but possibly Rizoma:
https://www.motovationusa.com/3d-levers-by-rizoma-LBJ502-LCJ503.html

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have tiny ass hands (base of palm to the tip of middle finger is 6.5")... But I purchased Pazzo levers, that have similar looking adjustments like the ones above.
There's more than enough adjustment on those, even with the shorty levers.

The only other levers I can think of that don't use the number system is ASV. It's a dial, which allows for a pretty custom fit.. I would just recommend whatever you go with to be careful of the colors you do choose. I purchased red ones to go with a previous bike and a year into them, they turned pink.

Reactions: Vix

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’ve been procrastinating on getting these but finally did. I ordered from Evotech, I had gotten a reply from their customer service that the closer adjustments go quite a bit closer to the handgrips (no measurements, but I feel pretty confident these will work for me). For some reason there was a discount on checkout, so even shipping from the UK to the US the total was $137 for both!

I will take pictures and provide feedback when I start using them. I am hopeful this will help me feel a bit better about the clutch (hill starts are a challenge for me on this bike only, not my other ones) and that I can get more into trail braking once the brake lever is closer.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
The Evotech levers make a HUGE difference. My issues with clutch engagement point with a lever that is so far out seem to be gone, based on a short test ride. The brake lever is better too, I should be able to trail brake now.

A quick measurement indicates the Evotech levers are 1” closer than stock about one inch from the outer end.

See Photoshop overlay below.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I also just did some research on the microswitches.

For the clutch lever replacement, if the microswitch is damaged or there are any other issues replacing the lever, the bike may not start while in gear.
https://www.scramblerforum.com/threads/bike-wont-start-while-in-gear.4603/

For the brake lever replacement, it would appear there is a tiny 5mm ball as part of the microswitch that is easy to lose, and acquiring a new one means buying a whole new stock Ducati lever assembly. Issues with the microswitch after installation appear to cause brake light issues.
https://www.ducatiscramblerforum.com/forum/electronics/27082-front-brake-light-switch-assembly.html

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
8533C6A8-A4BB-4B1D-A2E2-9D49043EDA4C.jpeg

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

My attention was drawn back to this thread again today and I realized I never did a nifty overlay of the two levers. Here is an approximation in Photoshop of Evotech vs stock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts