Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I need to replace the very weak factory headlight bulb ... as I'm sure many before me have... I have so far researched 3 options...

1) Motodemic conversion kits... while these are clearly awesome, they are a) pricey, b)without some mods that I would have to discover along the way installing it, they don't seem to play nice with the stock faring (which I am keeping).

2) Aftermarket LED bulb, plug and play

- however, these seem to be DOA because they are too deep to actually fit in the stock headlight casing.

3) I have heard about chinese market LED's that would work for the 2020 cafe racer but cannot seem to track any down on line.

Does anyone have any leads for the chinese LED'S?

Thanks a bunch

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Be really, really, really careful if you remove the front lens from the bike to replace the bulb. It is spring loaded and will pop out and fall to the ground and break in a fraction of a second. Its best to have somebody hold the glass lens as you undo the retaining screws. Overall it is the silliest way to mount a headlight on a bike I have ever seen.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
My guess would be that you would replace the bulb just like you would with a regular halogen bulb, it would just need to be "timed" in the headlight so the LED's are horizontal.

H4 bulbs has a 3 prong fitting. One tab is at 12 o'clock ones is at 5 c'clock and the third is at 7 o'clock. The bulb only fits in the housing one way.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all, I need to replace the very weak factory headlight bulb ... as I'm sure many before me have... I have so far researched 3 options...

1) Motodemic conversion kits... while these are clearly awesome, they are a) pricey, b)without some mods that I would have to discover along the way installing it, they don't seem to play nice with the stock faring (which I am keeping).

2) Aftermarket LED bulb, plug and play

- however, these seem to be DOA because they are too deep to actually fit in the stock headlight casing.

3) I have heard about chinese market LED's that would work for the 2020 cafe racer but cannot seem to track any down on line.

Does anyone have any leads for the chinese LED'S?

Thanks a bunch
Was told that the bulb needs to be “inside Canbus”

i just ordered one from Ledperf.

·
Registered
8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Only buy this if you don't ride at night. It's dog shit and isn't much better than the day time running light.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts