Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any body no best place to get a replacement rear tyre for my 800 icon I prefer original mt60 rs looking on line they are £150 plus fitting thanks

·
Registered
954 Posts
Why buy a tyre that lasts such a short time for such an expensive price when there are plenty of other options? If you can afford it and like the look then go for it but when I have a set of motorcycle tyres that only last 5000 miles I do not buy those tyres again.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Why buy a tyre that lasts such a short time for such an expensive price when there are plenty of other options? If you can afford it and like the look then go for it but when I have a set of motorcycle tyres that only last 5000 miles I do not buy those tyres again.
That's exactly my issue but there arn't that many alternatives. It seems one Italian brand selling replacement parts for another Italian brand at great expense. If you have any suggestions please reply.

·
Registered
954 Posts
I went with the Bridgestone A41 front and rear. They offer enough gravel road performance for the moderate use the Scrambler gets on them but should provide a way longer life span. So far after 5-600 km I'm very happy with them. They turn better than the MT-60s and feel more planted on the road
There are heaps of threads about tyres on the forum and people have used all sorts of options so if you do some searching you will come up with plenty of choices.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I went with the Bridgestone A41 front and rear. They offer enough gravel road performance for the moderate use the Scrambler gets on them but should provide a way longer life span. So far after 5-600 km I'm very happy with them. They turn better than the MT-60s and feel more planted on the road
There are heaps of threads about tyres on the forum and people have used all sorts of options so if you do some searching you will come up with plenty of choices.

I was trying to get some tyres that come in the recommended stock size from Ducati. Yes there are lots of tyres that will fit but not to the manufactures recommended tyre size. I will look into the Bridgestones. Thanks

·
Registered
954 Posts
The issue is the front. Not many manufacturers make a front 18". The Bridgestones are the correct sizes.
You can go to the Avon Trailriders which I love as tyres for my Triumph but you need to fit a rear to the front and mount it backwards.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys think I will stick to mt60 I will take 3 years to do 5000 miles due to lock down and shity British weather

1 - 8 of 8 Posts