Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As mentioned in a bunch of other threads, the oem seat is torture on the coccyx.

I recently ordered a very nice look Mugello Original Slim seat, however it turns out they have an order time of over 4 months. Seeing as this would be the entire riding season gone for 2021 does anyone have any suggestions on a replacement seat with a similar aesthetic to the Mugello please? Something flatter, two seater, and more classic looking. Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Be prepared to wait even longer with Mugello. I ordered a seat & side panels on July 3 2020, and at that time is was a 12 week wait time. I did not receive my order until January 27 2021. So it took them almost 7 months. I emailed them 4 times through their website between weeks 16-27 trying to get an update. Finally the 4th time someone responded and said they would check with the build team and get back to me. They never got back to me. The next week I messaged them through their Instagram page in which they finally responded after a few days and said it would be done by the end of that week. All of my messages were cordial. Wasn't being an ass demanding my order ship now or anything like that, was just asking for an update on the ETA.

So just be forewarned, they do not seem to understand their build times lately and they are pretty bad at communication. If you do need to get in touch with them, use IG.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Be prepared to wait even longer with Mugello. I ordered a seat & side panels on July 3 2020, and at that time is was a 12 week wait time. I did not receive my order until January 27 2021. So it took them almost 7 months. I emailed them 4 times through their website between weeks 16-27 trying to get an update. Finally the 4th time someone responded and said they would check with the build team and get back to me. They never got back to me. The next week I messaged them through their Instagram page in which they finally responded after a few days and said it would be done by the end of that week. All of my messages were cordial. Wasn't being an ass demanding my order ship now or anything like that, was just asking for an update on the ETA.

So just be forewarned, they do not seem to understand their build times lately and they are pretty bad at communication. If you do need to get in touch with them, use IG.
Thanks. Yeah, they've already warned me it'll take some time. Real shame as they make the nicest looking seats. The OEM truly is torture. I've bought a gel pad for now, looks like I'll just have to be patient.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The OEM truly is torture
How long have you had your Scrambler? I got mine back in June and felt similarly about the seat. In the time that I had been waiting for the Mugello to arrive I noticed that the OEM has broken in some and gotten more comfortable. Granted, it's by no means great now but it is noticeable better.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How long have you had your Scrambler? I got mine back in June and felt similarly about the seat. In the time that I had been waiting for the Mugello to arrive I noticed that the OEM has broken in some and gotten more comfortable. Granted, it's by no means great now but it is noticeable better.
Just a few weeks. It digs into my tail bone really badly. Hopefully it'll break in, it definitely hasn't had much use.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts