Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I picked up a 2015 Scrambler Icon a few weeks back and have loved every minute of it! With the release of the 2019 model I’ve been wondering if anyone has tried retrofitting some of the updates ones older bikes. While I think it would be neat to have the new gauge cluster I’m doubting that could be used since I’m sure there are extra sensors. I do like the new tank panels that are subtly different though and wonder if they could fit on our bikes.

Either way, looking forward to many miles on this bike and to hearing from all of you on what you do to and on yours.

And of course, a photo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I'm sure cluster no, side panels yes. Glad your enjoying your new bike, what did you have before?

·
Registered
791 Posts
Yeah it would likely be cheaper and easier to just buy a 2019 bike than retrofit the new cluster and electronics.

The 2015 is better anyway, it has the proper throttle and no evap canister for those outside the states!

Side panels should be a very easy swap. Just not sure I can swallow the high cost from Ducati for what are pretty flimsy bits of Aluminium. I do fancy some though.

·
Registered
791 Posts
There are third party ones available on online auction sites.
Not from what I’ve seen. In the U.K. anyway.

Only Carbon fibre 3rd party ones for around £250 or used Ducati ones. Usually going for about £100 each.

Last time I asked a set of aluminium ones from Ducati were also about £260.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm sure cluster no, side panels yes. Glad your enjoying your new bike, what did you have before?
I’ve only ever owned dirt bikes. I’ve been riding since I was a kid up until about 10 years ago. My last two bikes were an XR400 and CRF250x.

Used to take my dad’s bikes out for joy rides on occasion but this is the first street bike I’ve had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
107 Posts
You should look into the '19 headlight and turn signals, really updates the look of the bike. The headlight on the new ones has an LED DRL and looks a lot cleaner. The new signals are also all LED, meaning they don't have those ugly orange bulbs in them, they just look clear until the actual signal is on. I much prefer the look, and overall visibility/safety aspect of the OEM signals, compared to the tiny ones offered by Rizoma or others.

As for the cluster, I am fairly certain it won't work, if you can even find one for a decent price. The 16-17 clusters new are $500+ USD.

You should also look into a fender eliminator to clean up the rear of the bike. If you don't want to shell out a whole lot of money, check out my brackets here -> https://www.scramblerforum.com/threads/most-affordable-custom-fender-eliminator.37179/. I have updated the design a bit and haven't had a chance to post the new pictures. Price is still the same though.

·
Registered
135 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts