Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update on Rexxer for our bikes - just heard from David at Redline that he's very close, has all the protocols and should have the maps built soon.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No interest in this subject?
Has anyone added the K&N filter? I ordered and rcvd but haven't installed yet.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Sorry about the interest level Brian! In the early years 800´s had significant low speed fueling issues and jerkiness on the throttle, so loads of folk got into Rexxer maps. Maybe the 1100´s don´t have the issue. Mind you there are still other advantages so maybe people will come along soon.

·
Registered
898 Posts
As I’ve said previously, my 1100 with full Akra’s and standard air filter runs ok at the moment. No issues at all. The service manager at my dealers said it wouldn’t need a new map. They also have a poor opinion of Rexxer for poor quality and service so no longer act as a dealer for them.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As I’ve said previously, my 1100 with full Akra’s and standard air filter runs ok at the moment. No issues at all. The service manager at my dealers said it wouldn’t need a new map. They also have a poor opinion of Rexxer for poor quality and service so no longer act as a dealer for them.
When they say "poor quality", do you know were they speaking of the hardware? the actual map/file (as in they didn't like the tune)? or the support? I plan on flashing it myself. My only concern (I think) would be if the tune wasn't dialed in well for my application.

·
Registered
898 Posts
When they say "poor quality", do you know were they speaking of the hardware? the actual map/file (as in they didn't like the tune)? or the support? I plan on flashing it myself. My only concern (I think) would be if the tune wasn't dialed in well for my application.
I think from his attitude it was ALL OF THE the points you mention.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think from his attitude it was ALL OF THE the points you mention.
Oh... ok.. well, I'll be the Guinea pig... I really hate the lean tune and don't want to add the mid pipe and K&N w/out a thicker blend.. Hopefully only a week or so away.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I agree with Gasman. So far my 1100 is running great with Akra’s, no Baffles, and link pipe. We have a place about 40 min north where I can run it on a dyno and check the air fuel mix, I think I’ll call this week and have it checked just to be certain, but so far, there’s no indication of lean running. Granted it’s still cold, and we’re not into summer heat. I’d rather be safe than sorry by checking it out :)

Current:’18 xDiavel S, ‘18 1100 Sport
Sold: 16 Scrambler Icon, ‘15 Monster 1200, ‘14 Diavel Strada, ‘12 Monster 1100evo, ‘09 Monster 1100, ‘08 NM Hypermotard #7

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If the O2 sensors and everybody doing their job, hopefully all'swell. Lean is relative. Most all factory tunes are on the lean side, doesn't me destructively lean, just a cleaner burn. But judging from the heat and popping I have, I'd rather richen up before adding more parts that will lean even further. Simple test is pull the plugs. Color tells the story.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Another update. Rexxer will be ready to ship next week (US). I signed up for expedite shipping so I can be race ready for the weekend.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hey guys - 2018 1100 Sport here.

So far: Rexxer tune, Arrow mid pipe and racing cans (db killers removed), K&N air filter, Ducati Racing airbox lid (from the Termi kit), and 14t front sprocket.

While I wouldn't say the 1100 is docile in stock form, but these changes produced a night and day difference. There truly is a beast hiding within. The bike is much more aggressive now. It pulls very hard, (especially in the higher revs), runs WAY cooler, and my god, the sound is just intoxicating - proper Ducati.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey guys - 2018 1100 Sport here.

So far: Rexxer tune, Arrow mid pipe and racing cans (db killers removed), K&N air filter, Ducati Racing airbox lid (from the Termi kit), and 14t front sprocket.

While I wouldn't say the 1100 is docile in stock form, but these changes produced a night and day difference. There truly is a beast hiding within. The bike is much more aggressive now. It pulls very hard, (especially in the higher revs), runs WAY cooler, and my god, the sound is just intoxicating - proper Ducati.
NICE! Sounds great! I'm supposed to get the tuner this week, I swapped in the Akra mid-pipe last night so I can plug and play the minute it arrives. Can't wait

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Took forever, but finally got the file. Frustrating wait but great gains and well worth it. Totally woke up the bike

·
Registered
797 Posts
Slip-ons (Akra), mid-pipe (Akra) and K&N filter
Would be nice if there where some dyno results although the way it feels is the most importent. The Termi on the 800 with the upmap didn't give very big results on the dyno but the drivability improved a lot.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Would be nice if there where some dyno results although the way it feels is the most importent. The Termi on the 800 with the upmap didn't give very big results on the dyno but the drivability improved a lot.
Ya, feel often more dramatic than graphs. I haven't had the time yet, but plan on flashing back to stock > go for a ride > flash back to custom map > go for another ride, for a real A/B comparison. Should be interesting

1 - 20 of 31 Posts