Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm close to pulling the trigger on a Rexxer EVO but I need pushing over the edge.

I have a 17 Desert Sled with a Zard Zuma (no cat) and K&N filter. Since fitting them I get lots of overrun on decel and that fine grey dust on the inside of the pipe which I presume is from the unburnt fuel. The bike runs nicely, no complaints there. I generally dig the smaller pops on decel but the loud cracks can come at inopportune times.

I love my Sled, I want to look after it and for it to run as well as it can. Service is imminent (6300mi atm) so I figure the added bonus of being able to reset the interval without a trip to Ducati is kind of relevant.

My only concerns are to do with the unknown:
- Is there really much risk at all of things running badly post map and then causing issues?
- I gather that the O2 sensors are disabled by the map, is it as simple as that or do I need to do much more?
- Will I lose all of my overrun pops or will they just be reduced to a more comfortable level?

Thanks in advance, any thoughts or info welcome

·
Registered
817 Posts
Sounds like you don't need THAT much convincing!

You're really not getting the benefit of the decat and exhaust without the remap though. It really does make the bike perform much better. Pulls so much more smoothly through all the revs.

02 sensors depend on the map. Some leave them on, some off. Depends what you decide to go with. I believe turning them off drastically reduces the pops and bangs though, so I'd leave them on... but i'm a yobbo haha.

Safety, can't say. Depends who made the map I'd say and where it comes from.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts