Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read a lot about the Rexxer module and what it can do and maps and such but I am interested in how the UI looks, how it's mounted, etc. I don't even know how it gets new maps, if they are downloaded from the site or what. I'm literally visualizing some star trek action. Or some ungainly OBD2 style reader and a complicatedcode system.

Next time someone does some work or updates can you post what the interface looks like, or a screenshot of the map update if available? Cheers

·
Registered
108 Posts
For the Rexxer Evo user it's a small obd box with a touch screen as per the product page. It doesn't mount to the bike, you just use it to flash the ECU and disconnect.

First you plug it in to download the existing map and then again use the box to upload to your PC. Email it to rexxer with your bike's setup details (exhaust, air filter etc) and they send you a new bespoke map to upload to the bike. All very easy

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For the Rexxer Evo user it's a small obd box with a touch screen as per the product page. It doesn't mount to the bike, you just use it to flash the ECU and disconnect.

First you plug it in to download the existing map and then again use the box to upload to your PC. Email it to rexxer with your bike's setup details (exhaust, air filter etc) and they send you a new bespoke map to upload to the bike. All very easy
Okay, thanks. Where is the OBD hookup on this bike, been all over it and don't recall seeing it yet.

·
Registered
28 Posts

Yep it's very easy to use the Rexxer Evo, probably took me less than 5 minutes to completely reflash my ECU with it...

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How's the responsiveness from Rexxer? Approximate turnaround time to get the tune back to you?

·
Registered
108 Posts
It only took a day via [email protected] with Rexxer EU.

However, I had asked for a map with O2 sensors deactivated but was told it wasn't possible. Other users have had this map in the US though, last communication was that she is checking with the technician for me. I've also been in touch with Rexxer US but no response

I haven't uploaded the map I did receive yet. My starter solenoid failed just before I got it so waiting on that part first.

·
Registered
941 Posts
It only took a day via [email protected] with Rexxer EU.

However, I had asked for a map with O2 sensors deactivated but was told it wasn't possible. Other users have had this map in the US though, last communication was that she is checking with the technician for me. I've also been in touch with Rexxer US but no response

I haven't uploaded the map I did receive yet. My starter solenoid failed just before I got it so waiting on that part first.
I have 2 maps which have the 02 sensors deactivated by Rexxer EU but my bike is 2015. Maybe the newer models can not be done?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Some other guys here have the O2 deactivated remap their Sleds and they are 2017+

I spoke with a technician at Ducati Manchester who was dubious as Rexxer maps working on post 2015 models and I told him I'd get back to him afterwards but anecdotally it seems evident that it will

·
Registered
108 Posts
Checking with the technician I'm told. Who has been on leave so answer is delayed. Fingers crossed

Bike won't start at the moment anyway so no rush but that's another story haha

·
Registered
108 Posts
Rexxer EU came back with an O2 deactivated map, took a while but good service in the end

Get my bike back today or tomorrow so will give it a whirl

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was told by Rexxer out of Virginia Beach that the O2 sensors can be removed with a proper tune, however once receiving my ECU back from them, I’m now getting a check engine light warning. Naturally, I plugged the sensors back in but still receiving the CEL warning. Maybe it has something to do with the charcoal canister, but I have my doubts. Anyone else experience anything similar?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I was told by Rexxer out of Virginia Beach that the O2 sensors can be removed with a proper tune, however once receiving my ECU back from them, I’m now getting a check engine light warning. Naturally, I plugged the sensors back in but still receiving the CEL warning. Maybe it has something to do with the charcoal canister, but I have my doubts. Anyone else experience anything similar?
Hey Baja, did you ever get this resolved? I'm having similar issues and no luck w/ my '19 DS.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I spoke with David a couple months back and mentioned the issue. Obviously since I got the ECU back, I’ve had to re-install the sensors to avoid getting the CEL. Once he realized that I had requested the bypass of the sensors, he mentioned that I could return the ECU and have it re-flashed. The only downside is that shipping is not cheap and this will be the third time I’ve had to send it in. As for you having a DS, David mentioned early on in our communications that he was having an issue with both the CR and DS for reasons I don’t recall.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I spoke with David a couple months back and mentioned the issue. Obviously since I got the ECU back, I’ve had to re-install the sensors to avoid getting the CEL. Once he realized that I had requested the bypass of the sensors, he mentioned that I could return the ECU and have it re-flashed. The only downside is that shipping is not cheap and this will be the third time I’ve had to send it in. As for you having a DS, David mentioned early on in our communications that he was having an issue with both the CR and DS for reasons I don’t recall.
Damn that sucks. Rexxer/Redline should def. pay for the shipping if you requested and paid for the service.

Here's my thread - I'm documenting my challenges and actions on the regular to have a good log of what I've tried. Help others in case they have problems, help me in case I need to recall.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts