Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
I am considering a rexxer tune on my 2015 FT. But I am not currently planning to replace the stock exhaust, as the cost with a new slip-on is to much at the moment.
My first question is: would I miss out on the improvements on the Rexxer if I stay with the stock exhaust?
And the final question:
If I modify the airbox to improve the intake of air, would that give me any improvement with the Rexxer (still using the stock exhaust)?

Thanks,

Oyvind

·
Registered
342 Posts
With a Rexxer they write you a specific map to suit your modifications. If you change the mods, say alter the airbox and intake, then you have to pay for another map.
I think you´d be better with the Rapidbike evo.
Rapidbike Evo
It reads your exhaust gas and alters the fueling to suit. So you can add as many alterations as you like at any time, and it will automatically adjust the fueling each time. So no additional outlay on maps. Happy days!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! This is absolutely a kit I have to consider. The biggest reason to get a kit for me is to get a more comfortable engine behaviour in the low rpms and on take off, and if this kit can do that, I am happy.
Are there any downsides to the rapidbike vs the rexxer?
Regards
Oyvind

·
Registered
734 Posts
I got a Rexxer, why?, no Ducati dealer in PR, with the Rexxer I can read bike codes and erase service lights, plus got a specific map for my bike with upgrades.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sure. I can understand the benefit of resetting the service lights, as I also plan to service my own bike.
If I perform 1 service on my own, I already have saved much of the Rexxers price...
Thanks for your contribution, I will have to do som more thinking...
Regards,
Oyvind

·
Registered
941 Posts
I made sure they gave me a couple of maps in the Rexxer price. One for any mods I already had and another for mods I planned later on.
If you dont ask you dont get

·
Registered
81 Posts
... The biggest reason to get a kit for me is to get a more comfortable engine behaviour in the low rpms and on take off, and if this kit can do that, I am happy....
Hmmmmm, maybe another throttle grip would fix that?

What I know, there is another throttle grip in the newer models (not all I think, but am not sure), definetely in the Desert Sled, which changes the engine charakter exactly to that needs.
Smoother power from 2k rpm up, and not from 3,5, a bit more handsome in the lower rpms but more power in the upper.

This throttle costs about 90 Euro over here and should be around 100 bucks in the US.
Gasgriff linear/progressiv Scrambler Kauf-Tipp - Italo-Shop Neuss

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the suggestion but as I have heated grips, I think I'm stuck with the one mounted. Otherwise, this would be the perfect solution.

Hmmmmm, maybe another throttle grip would fix that?

What I know, there is another throttle grip in the newer models (not all I think, but am not sure), definetely in the Desert Sled, which changes the engine charakter exactly to that needs.
Smoother power from 2k rpm up, and not from 3,5, a bit more handsome in the lower rpms but more power in the upper.

This throttle costs about 90 Euro over here and should be around 100 bucks in the US.
Gasgriff linear/progressiv Scrambler Kauf-Tipp - Italo-Shop Neuss

1 - 9 of 9 Posts