Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received word that Rexxer can now communicate fully with the ECU in the Scrambler.

If you are not familiar, this is the ONLY way to alter the fueling characteristics of this model that is reliable, effective and economical.

There are two options available...

This first is to purchase a Rexxer Tuning Module and Cable for personal use (cost is $600). This will enable you to re-flash the ECU as many times as you wish (for your particular bike only), and to be able to also control a wide variety of other parameters (such as reset of service indicators).

The second option is to send your ECU into Rexxer and they will re-flash for you. The cost for this service is $300 (one time), and you must provide them with the particulars of your setup (air filter type, exhaust type, etc.)
There are also optional services that can be programmed for additional cost, they are:

Immobilizer Disable - $100
O2 Sensor Disable
Exhaust Valve Disable - $100
Custom Dash Display Message - $100

Information on this (US only) is available here...

Rexxer ECU Tuning tune ups for European sports bikes and scooters in Yorktown VA a short drive away for customers in Newport News Norfolk Virginia Beach Chesapeake and Richmond

Reactions: Rfoxxys

·
Registered
17 Posts
This was always my plan with my Monster 1100. But I never pulled the trigger, because I figured best thing would be to have a map done with a Dyno tune. Unfortunately unless I drive from CT to Redline in VA nobody has a clue how to use it... lol. I considered a generic map flash from Motowheels, but when I asked them questions about their maps the lack of response was deafening. So I kept it stock. Stock fueling on the Scrambler compared to Monster is like heaven... LOL

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This was always my plan with my Monster 1100. But I never pulled the trigger, because I figured best thing would be to have a map done with a Dyno tune. Unfortunately unless I drive from CT to Redline in VA nobody has a clue how to use it... lol. I considered a generic map flash from Motowheels, but when I asked them questions about their maps the lack of response was deafening. So I kept it stock. Stock fueling on the Scrambler compared to Monster is like heaven... LOL
No need to drive down to VA, all you have to do is fill out this form...

http://www.rexxer.com/fckimages/Rexxer ECU Form.pdf

Then send it in - along with your ecu - and in 2 days you will have it back, mapped to match your modifications.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yeah, I know. It's a matter of trust, or actually confidence is a better word. I would rather have someone create the map for my bike with my ECU on their dyno. Just have not been keen on yanking my ECU and mailing it out for someone to flash.

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's a dyno run showing before/after - please keep in mind that this reflects just the stock intake and exhaust...

1.jpg

As you can see, a solid 4hp gain - all the way to redline!

Just think what would be possible with a good pipe and free-flowing intake.

Reactions: Xtyling

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am woefully ignorant of all of this tony, wouldn't a Rapid Bike Tuner do the same thing or am I understanding it wrong? Rapidbike Evo Dimsport
No, not the same at all...

The "rapidbike" is a piggyback unit - like the power commander from dynojet. It sits behind the ECU and replaces the internal fuel mapping. The problem with the piggyback units is that if they ever fail or malfunction (and they do - I know from personal experience), your bike won't run - leaving you stranded.

The Rexxer reprograms the actual ECU in the bike.

To have proper (and total) control over the fueling, you need to be able to alter 2 functions - the fuel mapping & the lambda sensors. Only the ECU can do that effectively - in real time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Tony.

I am very interested in the reflash for my new scrambler classic. I'm confused on the merits of switching off the o2 sensors. I have high flow air filter, no cat and zard straight through exhaust. The bike runs really great but is seems a bit lean and is very Twitchy while riding around town.

Please advise.

Terry
[email protected]

·
Registered
941 Posts
Tony J no longer frequents this fourm. Maybe I can help. I have several different Rexxer maps of which 2 are based on no 02 sensors while the 3rd map is based on having the 02 sensors enabled. My set up is no cat, race air filter and SC Projects exhaust. If I run one of the maps that does away with the 02 sensors I find the bike has more aggressive acceleration and a bit more kick overall but this is to the expense of a slight lower mpg figure. I put this down to the fact the closed loop system is no longer present when 02 sensors are eliminated. Which ever map I use the throttle has a very smooth response though it seems a tad smoother without 02 sensors. I now exclusively run my most aggressive map but lose about 4 or 5 mpg which I think is a fair trade off.

Hope that helps

·
Registered
941 Posts
Thanks for your reply TC3.

How do I go about programming my ECM?

Are you in the business?
No I am just someone who followed Tony J's advise. You can either send your ecu to rexxer and they will program it how you want or get it sorted at a dealer who does the tuning. The other thing you can do is buy a unit and swap out maps yourself which is what i did. Have a look at rexxer.com if your in USA or rexxer.eu if outside for contact info.

You may also want to consider a booster plug instead as many have found it helps with the throttle and lean running issues and it is a lot cheaper.

·
Registered
17 Posts
How many maps can you request when you buy a rexxer? Can you download additional maps at a later time? Can forum members who own rexxar units share their maps?

·
Registered
941 Posts
How many maps can you request when you buy a rexxer? Can you download additional maps at a later time? Can forum members who own rexxar units share their maps?
2 maps or maybe 3 if you ask nicely but don't quote me on that. Any future maps cost extra. No you cant share maps as the file that holds the maps is married to your specific ecu

·
Registered
816 Posts
2 maps or maybe 3 if you ask nicely but don't quote me on that. Any future maps cost extra. No you cant share maps as the file that holds the maps is married to your specific ecu
TC3 got it spot on.

I'd only add that you get 2 maps + the ability to return to stock. From my research, it seems the Rexxer unit stores a copy of the current map before loading a new one.
So to play it safe, I would always load back to stock before switching between the 2 maps supplied.

I looked into the unit as much as I could when I was considering buying one. Decided a one off tune from a dealer is all I will need though. Costs about half as much.

·
Registered
941 Posts
TC3 got it spot on.

I'd only add that you get 2 maps + the ability to return to stock. From my research, it seems the Rexxer unit stores a copy of the current map before loading a new one.
So to play it safe, I would always load back to stock before switching between the 2 maps supplied.

I looked into the unit as much as I could when I was considering buying one. Decided a one off tune from a dealer is all I will need though. Costs about half as much.
No need to switch back to stock map between switching maps. Have switched between my maps many times with out problems

1 - 20 of 28 Posts