Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mechanic is offering the Rexxerrexxer ecu flash for £230 says will increase bhp by 3-4, the results/improvement on power delivery and smoothness are best /greatest improvement on the Scrambler more so than other models. You can send the ecu to my mechanic Neil at Cornerspeed Sutton in Ashton and he will post back .
RexXer ECU-Tuning
Can't wait to get this on mine!

·
Registered
149 Posts
I had bad luck with Rexxer on my sf848 destroying the standard ECU (it was a spare as I had Ducatis racing ECU installed), but others on different bikes rave about it.

·
Registered
941 Posts
My mechanic is offering the Rexxerrexxer ecu flash for £230 says will increase bhp by 3-4, the results/improvement on power delivery and smoothness are best /greatest improvement on the Scrambler more so than other models. You can send the ecu to my mechanic Neil at Cornerspeed Sutton in Ashton and he will post back .
RexXer ECU-Tuning
Can't wait to get this on mine!
Does it not void the warranty?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Ducati Manchester said last week that they will offer this also as soon as they have them available, so guess it won't void the warranty if they provide it? plus they'll have the various maps for the many different exhausts too.

·
Premium Member
613 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Wont be picking my Rexxer kit up till I am in USA in a month so look forward to your review :)

I emailed 2 Ducati dealers and a tuning company all within a few hours from me. They priced the Rexxer tune at £200 inclusive of VAT so seems your guy is making a bit more on top

·
Registered
129 Posts
Wont be picking my Rexxer kit up till I am in USA in a month so look forward to your review :)

I emailed 2 Ducati dealers and a tuning company all within a few hours from me. They priced the Rexxer tune at £200 inclusive of VAT so seems your guy is making a bit more on top
Can you tell names of those offering for £200 please?

·
Registered
941 Posts
Can you tell names of those offering for £200 please?
Hi John Hyside Ducati in Romford - Essex, St Neots Motorcycles and Dave Wood Racing - Aylesbury are the 3 I emailed. Looking at my emails again the 2 Ducati dealers quoted 200 inclusive of VAT for the Rexxer ECU flash. Dave Woods emailed back saying they would like to discuss over the phone my requirements exactly so my bad as only 2 actually said 200 :)

I never did have the conversation with him as I decided to just buy the kit for myself

·
Registered
129 Posts
Many thanks it's good to know. I haven't got a price from duc Manchester yet but will be once I'm back from hols and have decided which exhaust to fit also.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Tony J I have a question which I have never seen anyone else ask. If you flash the ECU yourself is there any risk to disabling something you do not want disabled. I do not know how the heated grips are enabled other than my dealer had to connect to diagnosis plug to enable them. I know it is a bit of a daft question but would be good if you could shed some light on this please :)

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Tony J I have a question which I have never seen anyone else ask. If you flash the ECU yourself is there any risk to disabling something you do not want disabled. I do not know how the heated grips are enabled other than my dealer had to connect to diagnosis plug to enable them. I know it is a bit of a daft question but would be good if you could shed some light on this please :)
Not a "daft" question at all - a very good one, IMO...

The Rexxer only can access 3 functions. Fueling (obviously), and everything related to it (o2 system, mapping, ignition, etc.) - Reading and clearing error codes - and resetting the service indicators.

Functions like accessories would only be accessible via the Dealer's DDS software. The rexxer can't enable - nor disable - these.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Not a "daft" question at all - a very good one, IMO...

The Rexxer only can access 3 functions. Fueling (obviously), and everything related to it (o2 system, mapping, ignition, etc.) - Reading and clearing error codes - and resetting the service indicators.

Functions like accessories would only be accessible via the Dealer's DDS software. The rexxer can't enable - nor disable - these.
That is good to know Tony, cheers it has put my mind at ease

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Road the 2 hours home in total bliss!! Gone is Bronco Billy!! Octavia is a joy to ride, definite increase in power!!:angel8::angel8::angel8:sounds gorgeous the best money spent thus far!
I had heated grips, oil cooler protector and 3 sets of evotech sliders on , no labour charge.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts