Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taking tank off today(yeah, I can see how the quick release fittings get broken or not properly home) to work out big tank fab I noticed the bleedin obvious

Fuel vent is underneath the bike, a few inches off the deck, will ingress water very quickly, Not a problem in the desert maybe but I go through deeper puddles than this on road bikes often let alone shallow rivers / fords.
There are 2 hoses , one is vent the other drain, tied to airbox vent and starter cable under LH side on alternator cover lower side. Drain shouldn't matter but vent needs to be rerouted higher, I can see both getting clogged with mud/dust too.
Logical chop is behind poxy plastic coil cover, remove this and hoses are in your face

have they changed this on Desert Sled ? Filter would be cute

·
Registered
154 Posts
Like that air filer is under tank but had to seal front of Airbox as had a water coming past seal.Used good old grease see how that works.See that being a problem on any scrambler ridden in rain.Some thing to keep eye on at least.Fuel breather didn't think of but yeh little filter from auto Shop or just cut end on angle seems to work

1 - 2 of 2 Posts