Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I've got a 2019 Scrambler 1100 Sport. I apologize if this has been previously answered - I've been searching for quite a while but haven't found a definitive answer. I'm looking to purchase these:

Do I need bar end adapters for these to work? It seems the stock grips have a metal endcap that the mirrors should be able to mount directly to. But every picture I see has Rizoma's bar end adapters. From what I have seen on RevZilla, they don't make the bar end adapters for my 1100? Has anyone bought these and mounted them to the stock metal bar end of the grips? If not, what bar end adapter did you get? Part numbers and/or links are greatly appreciated! Thank you all very much!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Timely question. I would like to put the reverse retro on my bike, I suppose I will have the same issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all! I've got a 2019 Scrambler 1100 Sport. I apologize if this has been previously answered - I've been searching for quite a while but haven't found a definitive answer. I'm looking to purchase these:

Do I need bar end adapters for these to work? It seems the stock grips have a metal endcap that the mirrors should be able to mount directly to. But every picture I see has Rizoma's bar end adapters. From what I have seen on RevZilla, they don't make the bar end adapters for my 1100? Has anyone bought these and mounted them to the stock metal bar end of the grips? If not, what bar end adapter did you get? Part numbers and/or links are greatly appreciated! Thank you all very much!
Yes you will need adapters.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
@Deano968 How do you like those mirrors?
I really like them. They are a bit smaller than stock but for me in the position I have them mounted they're 'easier' to use – my shoulders seemed to get in the way of the stock mirrors more. I don't think my rear visibility has suffered much if at all. And they look a lot cooler than the OEMs. I found them a bit of a sod to fit in that (for me, mechanical numpty) getting the adapter to fit firmly in the bar ends wasn't as easy as I imagined. They have been fitted for a few years now though and seem fine. They're tinted with a very light blue hue if that would offend you.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I really like them. They are a bit smaller than stock but for me in the position I have them mounted they're 'easier' to use – my shoulders seemed to get in the way of the stock mirrors more. I don't think my rear visibility has suffered much if at all. And they look a lot cooler than the OEMs. I found them a bit of a sod to fit in that (for me, mechanical numpty) getting the adapter to fit firmly in the bar ends wasn't as easy as I imagined. They have been fitted for a few years now though and seem fine. They're tinted with a very light blue hue if that would offend you.
Thanks a bunch! My bike came with CRG bar end mirrors, which are small, and I do not like. I was thinking of going to a stock looking Rizoma mirror, but I really do not like how they use an angle adapter to mount. Also, like you said, they likely would give a view of my shoulders. I may pull the trigger on these.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just ordered those: Rizoma Spy R 94.5mm Mirror
Will report when they're on the bike.

I pretty much gave up on trying to enhance stock mirrors...
So the adapters Risoma has speced for these mirrors on my bike DO NOT FIT - too deep, they hit the weights inside of the handlebar tube. Trying to reuse the insides of the original bar ends, for which I need to find M6x1.0x60mm button head bolts - which is apparently not easy. Stay tuned...

·
Registered
35 Posts
So the adapters Risoma has speced for these mirrors on my bike DO NOT FIT - too deep, they hit the weights inside of the handlebar tube. Trying to reuse the insides of the original bar ends, for which I need to find M6x1.0x60mm button head bolts - which is apparently not easy. Stay tuned...
Got the right screws, installed mirrors and phone mount. Great mirror, good visibility, doesn't get blurry when revving the motor. Very impressed

1 - 14 of 14 Posts