Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow scramblers! I just purchased/installed the Rizoma fender eliminator and thought I'd share my experience and some photos of the finished product!

Rizoma Fender Eliminator Kit Ducati Scrambler 2015-2018
SKU: 1282628
Type: Outside Mount | Black
Time: ~3 hours

The package comes in a many pieces, instructions are very basic and it was my first time really turning any wrenches on my scrambler. Here's what happened!

- Unpacking was a nightmare! Every. Single. Piece. was shrink wrapped...pain in the arse.
- Bust out the Allen keys, no joke, I think I used 5 different sizes.
- Assembled what I planned on mounting (outside mount with a vertical positioned USA bracket)
- Removed stock parts (including chain protector - temporarily)
- Ended up cutting the original wiring which was a mistake, didn't realize Rizoma provided all wiring needed including the adapter.
- Bolted the base Rizoma bracket on to the arm (already ran wiring through the mount)
- Ran Rizoma wiring up to (quite a bit of excess, nothing zip ties couldn't fix) the plastic connection clip.
- Added plate! (Please ignore the hideous plate screws, all I had for now, hah)

Before Photos:

Install Photos:

Finished Photos:

Alternate angle:

*Note* In order to fold plate in you must remove a tiny lock bolt that is located under the large bolt. Also leave enough wiring to handle both angles.

I hope this was informative and you get a taste of what it looks like! Cheers all, happy riding!

-JJ

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hey buddy, thanks for the review and installation guide. Can the license plate be mounted horizontally instead of vertically? Are you allowed vertical license plates in Florida.
The overall look is cool! I think you should lose the turn signals and install a New Rage Cycles kit to complete the clean look. You can see some photos of my scrambler with the NRC kit here: https://www.scramblerforum.com/threads/shift-tech-vs-new-rage-cycles-fender-eliminator.35363/

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey buddy, thanks for the review and installation guide. Can the license plate be mounted horizontally instead of vertically? Are you allowed vertical license plates in Florida.
The overall look is cool! I think you should lose the turn signals and install a New Rage Cycles kit to complete the clean look. You can see some photos of my scrambler with the NRC kit here:
You're welcome! And thanks for the feedback! Turn signals are next on the list...I just did this (fender eliminator), a set of Rizoma mirrors and a Scorpion Serpent tapered exhaust (review coming)...need to let the bank account recoup a bit :)

Yes, the plate can be mounted horizontally. Their kit included the larger (EU) frame as well. AFAIK, a vertical plate is legal in this state...laws or the choice to enforce, are pretty relaxed here (ex. no annual vehicle inspection for cars/bikes).

I do like the NRC kit, it looks really good. It was between this one and that, personal preference was the side-mount. Your bike looks good!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, I just ordered the same kit for the plate... How did you get the wire up (or through ?) the swingarm ??
I am worried about it getting caught and chewed by the chain.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts