Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed the Rizoma GR205B Sportline Aluminum grips....a few Qs

- Is anyone else experiencing the same "Gap" issue after installing a Rizoma or another aftermarket grip? If so, what did you do? short of cutting it down. See pic below

- The throttle is getting stuck with the Rizoma grip, is there anything i'm missing? Do I have to put some silicon grease on the handlebar, throttle cable or adapter? When i put the OEM throttle back on, it's works perfectly.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here's an update

For the extra 9mm of handlebar, I went to Home Depot and got a pipe cutter. Took less than 5 minutes per side. Once, I get my bar end mirrors on, it won't even be noticeable.

As for the sticky throttle, I tried a bunch of method. Upon closer examination, I noticed that handlebar was rubbing on the throttle cable housing, so I sanded it down a notch on both ends.

Still not perfect, so, I got some Lucas Oil White Lithium Grease and liberally apply it the cams and that helped. I also noticed that the order you put the screws back on also affect it, so start with the bottom screw first.

Once you sand the throttle cable assembly, you'll see the bare metal. As a temporary fix, I used a back Sharpie to color it in. I'll get some paint to properly paint it. However, it's barely noticeable.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello

For the stickly throttle, if it's not a diameter issue, you should have placed between the throttle tube and the housing a plastic washer like we find on many bikes.
What do you mean spacer? Wish I had know...

This was my first time changing grips on a bike

·
Registered
560 Posts
Hello
What do you mean spacer? Wish I had know...
This was my first time changing grips on a bike
Yes, a sort of spacer, about 1 or 2 mm thin, with external diameter equal to the grip external diameter and internal diameter a little bit larger than the rotating tube diameter. So, that, the tube can rotate even if it touches the spacer.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello

Yes, a sort of spacer, about 1 or 2 mm thin, with external diameter equal to the grip external diameter and internal diameter a little bit larger than the rotating tube diameter. So, that, the tube can rotate even if it touches the spacer.
Do you have a link? Or what’s can one buy it? Hardware store? I like to try this method out as well. It’s fixed but curious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts