Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in installing a FT handlebar on my Icon but I fear that it will feel too low...So I came across the Rizoma riser kit and was thinking if it will rise a bit the FT handlebar compared to the standard FT configuration. With the riser kit also the gauge comes to the center and that will enable to install the rizoma screen.
Does the rizoma riser kit rise the handlebar or not?

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I am interested in installing a FT handlebar on my Icon but I fear that it will feel too low...So I came across the Rizoma riser kit and was thinking if it will rise a bit the FT handlebar compared to the standard FT configuration. With the riser kit also the gauge comes to the center and that will enable to install the rizoma screen.
Does the rizoma riser kit rise the handlebar or not?
If you mean the riser kit that re-positions the gauge to the centre, tank side of the bars then no, the bar clamps are the same height as standard. I have fitted a central clock kit a while back.
Unless Rizoma have another kit out recently that is.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So you suggest I should get the rizoma risers and then find some riser spacer to rise the rizoma clamp?

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
So you suggest I should get the rizoma risers and then find some riser spacer to rise the rizoma clamp?
That's an option but only if you want the clock in the centre and between the bars and tank. It also avoids the problem you would have by raising the bars with the clocks standard position, when the bars are raised they block the view on the speedo.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok but I still need some spacers to lift the handlebar...where could I find some that would fit? where I could order from?

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Ok but I still need some spacers to lift the handlebar...where could I find some that would fit? where I could order from?
Another option is to add spacers between the bottom clamp/clock mount and top yoke (t/tree) This would require longer bolts but would raise the whole lot gauges and all.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
If the Rizoma riser doesn't raise the bars what's the point? Obviously I am missing something here.
'Riser' is just a name for the component that raises and holds the bars off the top yoke. It doesn't mean they raise beyond standard.
In Rizoma's case, the point is to re-locate the gauge.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Has anyone used spacers and actually which ones to raise the Full Throttle handlebar?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Rox Risers work very well, but depending on how you position them, the clamp area may block your view of the speedometer to some extent.

2" Pivoting Bar Risers for 1 1/8" Handlebar

Sarah
Thank you, Sarah. If I opt for the Rizoma riser then there will be no blocking since the gauge will be before the clamps. Will the Rox Riser work with the Rizoma riser kit? It would be an interesting combo. I may try it...

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I have just fitted adjustable risers to my FTP. I purchased them from Ebay for about £35. They came from China.

They don't block my view of the clock. See pics.

I am not that technical and would appreciate any polite comments.

Am not having so much fun with my trickle charger. Having bought an Oximiser 900 and the famous O47, I now need another connector to join the two up!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts