Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone fitted the rizoma screen without installing the gauge relocation kit?

·
Registered
60 Posts
All of those tiny fairings: Rizoma, Dart ... actually work? ... or they are pure decorative?

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Can’t speak for the Rizoma or Ducati, but the Fullsix certainly takes the wind off your chest and shoulders, just leaving your helmet in a fresh breeze.

Good for cruising at 70mph all day

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm riding in Arai XD4 helmet with peak and some screens redirecting air flow right under peak which leads to buffeting.
Sorry OP for your thread hijacking.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think the rizoma is not that high enough to redirect the air straight to the helmet. Since legs are too exposed on the Desert Sled I don't think any screen can do much...

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have the Dart on my DS and wear a Touratech Adventure Mod with peak most days, or my Kabuto Ibuki. I can definitely feel less wind on the chest- it now hits me about neck level (I'm 6'2"). The bigger benefit is that the wind coming up and into me is clean and directed. I was getting a lot of shaky air and buffeting off the bow before the small screen was added. I'd buy it again in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had the Dart screen, nice but not very protective, since I'm 6"4.
I tried the Touratech screen, which I thought would be much bigger, but when it arrived, I was a bit surprised by its size, I expected more.
With my Mustang seat, the air flow comes a bit uneven into my face.
I'm waiting to test it with my Sargent seat, which is supposed to be 2" higher than stock, the wind should come right below my face, still being well protected on the chest and shoulders.

2017-11-23 00.39.56.jpg

2017-11-29 00.21.12.jpg

·
Registered
733 Posts
Yes - I fitted the Rizoma screen without gauge relocation

I used the brackets from the Dart Screen and bent them in to suit and the added washers behind - slightly enlarged holes in Screen and mounted

Later added a bracket behind that I made that also supported gear indicator.

Posted pictures previously when I did this 2 to 3 years ago.

Here are some again

IMG_20160519_152821.jpg
IMG_20160519_152843.jpg
IMG_20160519_152904.jpg
IMG_20160519_152828.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone else have experience installing this screen with the dart brackets? do they sell the dart brackets on their own or do you have to buy the set?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts