Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are many threads about off road/dual tyres but I’m thinking of putting a sticky pair of road tyres on for the winter ... any suggestions ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
What tires are fitted now? Unless it's a very aggressive knobby or you plan on doing some hard cornering on very cold roads you'd be fine on most road biased dirt capable tires.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the stock tires on but they are coming to the end of their life ... and I don’t know where you are from but the country English roads in the winter are kinda terrifying... greasy wet muddy etc ..I’m thinking a pair of Angel Gt Will put more rubber on the road ..

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm from Maryland in the "Colonies" ;) so it's a similar climate. Realistically here at least you aren't going to be riding too aggressively when it's 10-40F so the difference in compounds between the factory tires and most road tires aren't going to make a huge difference in my experience. The bigger difference is fresh rubber vs worn out skins. That said if you decide to go with road tires for winter use I have never had a bad experience with Angel GTs or Road 5s.

·
Registered
21 Posts
We have a legitimate road hazard known as "leafers". Folks that stop in the middle of the road to take pictures of the foliage. It's lovely, but my god man, just pull over!

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
I'm from Maryland in the "Colonies" ;) so it's a similar climate. Realistically here at least you aren't going to be riding too aggressively when it's 10-40F so the difference in compounds between the factory tires and most road tires aren't going to make a huge difference in my experience. The bigger difference is fresh rubber vs worn out skins. That said if you decide to go with road tires for winter use I have never had a bad experience with Angel GTs or Road 5s.
No Angel GT’s in 19” front afaik.

You could give Conti Road Attack 3 a try. They are considered among the best in wet weather.

Or Bridgestone AX41S.

Both high silica tires.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Pretty sure the Michelin Pilot Road's are generally considered the best wet weather tyres. they have those really ugly looking sipes and circular reservoirs that do a really good job of shifting water.

Importantly over winter, you want a tyre that works from cold, as temps are going to be low. So you're limited to sports touring really.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts