Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i commute every day and generally bring my regular backpack with me. on hotter days though, i don't want to wear it. on my old bike i could easily just bungee cord it to the rear seat cause it had full enclosed grab rails.

on the sixty2 though, i can see under the seat theres a small rail but seemingly not enough to attach anything to it.

so i'm looking to buy some rok straps since they should be more versatile than bungee. but i'm having a hard time picturing how to strap it on there. the rails nearer to the rear lights are just open and i'd assume straps would just fall off there.

anyone have a tried and true method of tying down bags with rok straps on this bike?

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
How about a strap running under the seat handles from left to right, diagonally over your backpack, under the seat again and crosscross over the backpack?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How about a strap running under the seat handles from left to right, diagonally over your backpack, under the seat again and crosscross over the backpack?
that could work! i guess i just need to position the strap so it can be tucked away without having to remove the seat. i seem to have the issue with the key getting stuck in the seat key slot randomly.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Having said that I wonder why the key sticks? Is it with the seat in or out?
Honestly i think it’s either seat or no seat that it seems to stick. I was actually late for work today cause I couldn’t get the key out for a while haha. I read in another thread that some dry graphite lube could help.

You don't need to remove the seat to run the strap(s) under the rear part. Run it under the grab handles.

View attachment 35563

Ahh gotcha. Awesome thanks. Will pick up a rok strap tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Well, that's a good idea mr McGuyver! Like drawer liner you use in a tool chest.

Damn, why haven't I figured this out myself...

images.jpeg

·
Registered
896 Posts
Have been using a magnetic bag for 3 years. Not one mark. Could be the bag makes a difference
No it is. How clean the tank surface is and the base of the bag is. If one or both are dusty or dirty you are likely to get scratches.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts