Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,
today I drove a Full Throttle (construction year 2015, 2.000 miles on the watch), which had an absolute smooth gear, it worked flawlessly.

That opened somehow my eyes about the gear box of my Desert Sled (c.y. 2017, 4.000 miles), which now seems to me like a little disaster. :apologetic:
It is rough, much harder to shift, sometimes I have to shift twice to make it work and sometimes it cracks.

What ´s the difference between those two?
How can I get that fixed?

Would another oil (full synthetic or another consistency) help eventually?

Any recommendation is welcome.

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
You could try different oil yes, also lube the shifter joints and make sure the clutch is properly adjusted.

And some gearboxes are just better than others, it's often the sum of all tolerances that makes one gearbox better than the other.

Ducati gearboxes tend to get better over time btw.

Mine gets better the faster I ride.....

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmmm, maybe I should ride faster then?!?
:chuncky:

Just joking!
Thanks for your response!

Well, I will lube the shifter joints, as you advised, that´s easy and done fast.

But how can I check if the clutch is properly adjusted, do you mean the handle?
And which oil would be king, to make the gear shift smoother.
Full synthetic is always a good choice for bike engines I guess, but which one would help here the best?

Thank you so far,
Jay

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, yes, if I have a gear shifted, pull the clutch and want to push the bike forward with my feet, there is some resistance.
More in the beginning, less when the bucket is rolling.

That makes sense to me.

But as I see it, the only place to adjust the clutch is at the hand grip on the handle bar, right?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Aaaaawww, found it.

Stripped to the frame, on the right side, just under the tank.

Adjusted it, but have to wait another two hours til I can test it.

·
Registered
734 Posts
2015 with 2k miles, are you the original owner?, how many times oil had been change?, Ok I know manual says at 600 then 7,500 miles, but what about sludge after bike haven't been use for a long time?. I got my bike on early January 2018, already with 2,150 miles and plan to change the oil/filter at 3,500 miles. I prefer to change the oil/filter to protect all engine/clutch parts.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Rick,
the 2015 FT is doing just fine.

The 2017 Desert Sled is the one which makes some trouble.
Let me ride it after adjusting the clutch, then I will report.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts