Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am posting this "Rough running" as I think it covers a lot of issues people have been experiencing. And I may have a reason. I have had my 2015 Scrambler since new and from new it back fired, popped at the exhaust, stall/stop at start up after a back fire, jerky throttle and recently misfiring.
After a lot of conveniencing with video to the dealer and Ducati they replaced the TPS and I cannot believe how well it now rides. Smooth throttle all jerkiness gone, has not back fired, no missing in fact it has lost all things that made it Italian. It still sounds like a Ducati (thank god) but rides like a Jap bike.. I am thinking that the TPS has been a problem all along and the new one is a upgrade.. It has only been a week since it was replaced I am only hoping it is a permanent fix. Believe me that even after 20000kms it feels like a new bike. I feel a little ripped off that it hasn't riden like this for the last 20000kms but thankful that it is at last it feels incredible. I actually contemplated selling it but now I will have it for a very long time... Don't get me wrong it was always a great bike but now it is so much better.
If you are struggling with similar issues maybe talk to your dealer and consider a new TPS .

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Kiwipete am experience the same rough throttle response . particularly when decelerating from about 140km upwards. The feeling is almost similar to having water in your tank or bad fuel pump. Oem TPS replacement cost about 120 Euro. Am not sure if there is a difference between the TPS on 2015 , 2016 and 2017

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kiwipete am experience the same rough throttle response . particularly when decelerating from about 140km upwards. The feeling is almost similar to having water in your tank or bad fuel pump. Oem TPS replacement cost about 120 Euro. Am not sure if there is a difference between the TPS on 2015 , 2016 and 2017
That is what the initial thoughts by the dealer as having poor fuel and the did replaced the fuel filter and at the same time reset the tps. This did work for about 2 weeks and then the rough running started all over again. This was a big ptoblem diagnosising the issue as I did not know that they had reset the tps then so I and the dealer thought it was fuel and I tried different fuel stations etc etc . What you ciuld do is ask the dealer to reset the tps and see what happens. Now my understanding it is a tps setting is in the ecu that gets reset or maybe the ecu? Not 100% sure but they are able to do it.
Anyway my bike is a 2015 and was still under warranty si it didn't cost me to replace it.

Good luck and let me know how it goes
Peter

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts