Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I test rode the Desert Sled a couple days ago and it felt certainly a big upgrade from my previous Icon. I'd prefer though the handlebar to be a little bit taller and maybe a touch closer to the body. Which handlebar riser would you choose? If the riser offers the option to pull the handlebar back closer to the body does this alter the motorbike steering geometry? will it affect the handling? I am leaning towards a 1" higher riser...the 2" may feel too much.
Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know about them. They are a bit expensive though compared to the Rox risers or the SW motech. Does the pull back setting affect the motorbike handling?

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I test rode the Desert Sled a couple days ago and it felt certainly a big upgrade from my previous Icon. I'd prefer though the handlebar to be a little bit taller and maybe a touch closer to the body. Which handlebar riser would you choose? If the riser offers the option to pull the handlebar back closer to the body does this alter the motorbike steering geometry? will it affect the handling? I am leaning towards a 1" higher riser...the 2" may feel too much.
Thank you in advance.
No, the steering geometry is not changed by moving the bars. Your body weight will move slightly to the rear and you could be putting more weight on your lower back and coccyx for longer runs.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I bought the Gilles risers.
Very pleased with them.
One downside they - they replace the standard instrument holder with their own which is thinner than the standard one.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have the Gilles also. They are nice but expensive. Also, the max adjustment you will get is about 1/2" back and maybe 1/2" up from stock. Even though the clamps have 1" of forward/backward adjustment, the stock clamps have a rear offset of about 1/2" so you will only get another 1/2" to the rear compared to stock. For me it worked out fine and I'm quite comfortable with them. I did not to max up, I only used 2 of the spacers as I was getting concerned with the electrical wires pulling too tight.

I have used ROX risers on other bikes and they work fine, possibly better depending on the adjustment you are looking for. They offer a wider range of adjustment but you may end up with the bars higher than you want as they will add about 1 1/2" or so to the stock rise depending on what angle you set them at. It just depends on how much you are looking for. On one bike I used the ROX risers and shorter bars to get where I needed to be.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I'm thinking if I do this I'll likely end up with the Gilles risers.

With the Sargent seat I've got on my bike now, I have been shifting my bum around trying to find the most comfortable spot and angle to sit at for longer rides. When I get that just right, I find myself wanting to sit just a little more upright than I can with the bars where they are right now. I'm thinking that a tiny bit higher and a bit more rearward would do the trick.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
How much rise do they offer? Do they offer pull back like the rox ones? If you have any photo feel free to share. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I am sure that I have put photos on this forum. I don't have them on the bike at the moment as am trying out Icon bars. Just search 'Chinese risers'.
They can rise the bars by up to 50cm and have five pull back positions.
They significantly improved the position of my FTP bars, up and back.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts