Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
B50E916F-4025-49BD-BC11-94E641820B96.jpeg
Being of short arms, I put a set of 2” Rox Risers on my DS to move the bars back towards me a little. They look a little weird but do what I needed. I also ordered a black mini windscreen so it should hide a little of the weirdness. I guess we do what we have to when searching for comfort.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seems like I could find some different bars that would have the same effect. I'm sure someone knows how to measure what i need. For now this works, next I need to get longer legs.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've been using them for about a year now. Work great. After a couple of hundred miles, you stop looking at them all the time and they just blend into the rest of the bike. I used them to raise the bars up, so I could ride uptight.

·
Registered
734 Posts
not many choices if you have short arms, also though about the Rox Risers, but ended ordering the Rizoma Riser Kit gauge relocation bracket that positions the gauge centrally and Rizoma handle bar MA009 in black.
If you feel comfortable with that set up, then keep enjoying you're bike.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The dealership suggested Bars off a Ducati Ion . I would have to see them before any changes. I’m sure some dirt bike riders know exactly what would work.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Looks fine from my house. You actually have a nice central piece of tube showing now to mount a GPS or phone holder. It's all good.

·
Registered
4 Posts
View attachment 28865 Being of short arms, I put a set of 2” Rox Risers on my DS to move the bars back towards me a little. They look a little weird but do what I needed. I also ordered a black mini windscreen so it should hide a little of the weirdness. I guess we do what we have to when searching for comfort.
That looks fine to me. I was thinking of doing the same, any issues with the cable lengths?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I had to remove the rubber straps and wiggle the cables around a little to get some slack. I later had the dealer add heated grips and while he had the tank off , they got a little more slack and put the straps back on. No problems

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had to remove the rubber straps and wiggle the cables around a little to get some slack. I later had the dealer add heated grips and while he had the tank off , they got a little more slack and put the straps back on. No problems
Thanks man, I also have the heated grips installed, so that's good to know. Another quick question: the riser looks like a very tight fit over the OEM bracket. Does it allow the full pivot range of the Rox riser? or is it limited to either vertical or horizontal position (as you have it installed)?

·
Registered
69 Posts
not many choices if you have short arms, also though about the Rox Risers, but ended ordering the Rizoma Riser Kit gauge relocation bracket that positions the gauge centrally and Rizoma handle bar MA009 in black.
If you feel comfortable with that set up, then keep enjoying you're bike.:thumbsup:
What handguards to you have?

·
Registered
87 Posts
So two years later, how has it been? I saw your idea and got some too and tried it out, with it being set up like that, it felt sketch to me at first, any issues with it pivoting while riding or sliding off?
I have Rox risers on my Groms (with different bars) and have used them on Moab rock-crawling four-wheelers. Their products are excellent and can really make a positive difference when needed. I have not tried them on the Ducati motorcycles, but I would recommend their products, in general.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I've used ROX RISERS on other bikes, both the solid and rubber insulated type, and they work well. I've never had a problem with them moving.

I went with the Gilles adjustable risers on my Sled and while they did the job, after long term use I do find they move too easily. They don't slide back and forth, or the bars don't rotate, where they move is between the clamp base and the top triple clamp. I've tightened them up as much as I think those bolts can take and they will move pretty easily if you just twist the bars against the stops a bit, doesn't take that much.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts