Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every morning I have drips of gasoline under my bike, coming from one of the rubber hose under the engine. Its a vent hose coming from the gascap, right? Seems weird to have gasoline coming from that pipe after every ride? It seems like it started about a week or so.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Did you remove your evap cannister? Maybe if so it's the cause, but if not it may be a loose connection for the emissions system on the tank. Fumes will rise with heat and then condense back into liquid especially if it's been warm weather.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dont have a evap cannister.

This week I have had my bike parked outside during the days, in the sun. Before that I had the bike in the garage and then there was no gasoline underneath. So the heat and condension must be the answer?! thanks for the reply!:)

·
Registered
32 Posts
If it is really hot or gas tank is in direct sun, the gasoline heats up and builds pressure in tank...it is normal for the presure to release through that hose, and will sometimes actually drip some gas. Day temps in my area range from 80f to 100f for about 8 months of the year. It happens frequently for me with all of my motorcycles. I park them outside for a few hours, come back and smell gas, see small gas spot on ground under bike.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think similar thing is happening to me--had evap canister removed several days ago and similar drips--didn't know if it was gasoline or something else. Weather has been very hot lately...

New to motorcycles and appreciate the feedback--thanks!

IMG_0876.JPG IMG_0877.JPG IMG_0879.JPG IMG_0878.JPG

1 - 5 of 5 Posts