Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Termi sportline can and rexxer upmap fitted when I purchased the bike so to don't know what it was like prior to that, but from cold it runs rough until it's got some heat in it then runs fine,
Is this a common issues or just my bike?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Mine runs a bit rough and has a grabby clutch when cold. I'd guess it's normal.

Does yours stall, or just runs rough?

·
Registered
151 Posts
In cold temps, like 50f and below, I have noticed that. I've also noticed that after getting a tank of cruddy gas. Ran poorly on start but after moving around a bit, it was fine.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Mine is certainly rough when cold.
My other bikes are water cooled and the dealer told me that I need to adjust my expectations on warm-up with air cooled bikes. Not sure what is "normal" for this engine though.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Is it still in the break in period? I found my motor way smoother after the first service. Oil type, maybe? Who knows. Big difference, though.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I like giving my bike 5 minutes to idle first then it seems to take off nicely
I think most people do this to a certain extent, but, it's probably the worst thing to do to an engine especially when cold and new. Reason being, the enriched cold running mixture is much more likely to blow past the piston rings which have not expanded to a gas tight seal. This is on top of possibly glazing of the bore.The correct way to do it is just to get on, drive/ride and allow the engine to come up to temperature evenly, equally and quicker.

Don't take this the wrong way, although I know the technicalities of engines, I still have this thing in my head that says (wrongly) to let it idle for a short while. Usually only while pulling on my gloves and closing the garage door.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Same happened to me last winter. I even got an engine error once. Turns out this engine doesn't like bad fuel at all. Never repeated after switching my gas station.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts