Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
High grade steel and probably nickle plated. Strong magnetism like ours means definatley not high grade stainless.
Not alloy for sure.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
So I finally got the new spoked wheels Ducati sent me installed on my UE. The shop charged me for labor which is kinda lame considering this was warranty issue...but they only charged me 50% of their rate...whatever. Anyway, really stoked to have them and also to know that Ducati will stand behind their products. Never be afraid to contact them directly with an issue. I wiped all the new spokes down with ACF 50 so hopefully this won't be a problem again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2016 Scrambler Urban Enduro which I bought in July 2016. My bike has less than 600 miles on it, always garaged and never ridden in the rain. I live in San Diego, CA. I just noticed all of my spokes have surface rust on them. I mean come on, I haven't even taken it in for the first service yet. Anybody else having a similar issue? Taking the bike in next week for its first service and the kick stand bolt recall so I'll definitely bring up the issue with the dealer. Just curious if anybody else was encountering this quality issue. I thought the spokes might be stainless but someone else mentioned they were zinc coated. Regardless they shouldn't be having this issue.
Hi
I am having the same issues with rust on my spokes on my desert sled. Still under warranty. Ducati have offered me new spokes and nuts but not fitting onto the wheels. My local dealer has quoted me $850 aud to lace the wheels. A bit unfair in my book! How did you end up with the warranty?
Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Btw, these new spokes are going to rust just as hard as the old ones, unless they’re sending you stainless...
That’s not great news- I will find out if they do stainless for the desert sled.
The main reason I am concerned is the rust is deep- this will effect their strength.They have to hold my sizeable weight at speed!
thanks for the input

21 - 30 of 30 Posts