Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After picking up my red Icon last Saturday, I decided my first change will be the seat. Coincidently I work about a block away from Sargent Saddles In Jacksonville, FL. I brought in the saddle and they showed me some better foam and covering They said I need to bring the whole bike and leave it for week. These guys do good work. I will update later.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Are you just going to upgrade the foam or are you thinking about changing the material and color as well?

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Thanks for getting the ball rolling with Sargent. Looking forward to the seat; hope they cut you a bunch of slack on the price since you'll be loaning them your bike.

Sarah

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My odo was 3 miles Scowa . I'm getting foam and cover. They said they had to buy a base before they can build their own line for normal sales

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for getting the ball rolling with Sargent. Looking forward to the seat; hope they cut you a bunch of slack on the price since you'll be loaning them your bike.

Sarah
I wish! No discount the young riders working the counter seemed excited but the boss gave an aloof, so what impression

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are you just going to upgrade the foam or are you thinking about changing the material and color as well?
I'm staying with a new black cover. They're pretty sure they can save the small panel with "Ducati" on it. If not, or maybe I prefer the Italian tri-color stripes.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Very cool. Looking forward to seeing what they come up with. The seat felt really hard to me initially but is feeling better the more I ride. Don't know if the seat is breaking in, or my butt is getting used to it.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I picked up the first Yellow (originally ordered Red) one that came in to my dealer. Got it last weekend. :) Loving it. My # is 517, born February 9th.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BTW, I ordered a Wolfman tank bag from Areostitch, $94.00 dollars, free shipping. Should be hear tomorrow. I was looking at a magnetic waterproof Ortleib but the aluminum side panel question. Anyway while I was on the phone they looked up the Icon and made the recommendation, free return if it doesn't work out. Cool folks that get a lot of my business.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
BTW, I ordered a Wolfman tank bag from Areostitch, $94.00 dollars, free shipping. Should be hear tomorrow. I was looking at a magnetic waterproof Ortleib but the aluminum side panel question. Anyway while I was on the phone they looked up the Icon and made the recommendation, free return if it doesn't work out. Cool folks that get a lot of my business.
You won't go wrong with the Wolfman stuff or Aerostitch, in my experience. I hate that about Sargent. If you haven't committed already, you might consider Seat Concepts. Unless I'm badly mistaken, you'd get a free kit and install. Good people and good stuff.

Sarah

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You won't go wrong with the Wolfman stuff or Aerostitch, in my experience. I hate that about Sargent. If you haven't committed already, you might consider Seat Concepts. Unless I'm badly mistaken, you'd get a free kit and install. Good people and good stuff.

Sarah
I Haven't Committed. Thanks for the advice, I'll check them out. I figured wrong on the head start I basically handed Sargent.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I Haven't Committed. Thanks for the advice, I'll check them out. I figured wrong on the head start I basically handed Sargent.
Greetings, Bill! Are you saying Sargent has not gotten your seat yet? I'm near Jacksonville as well and need their attention... Please let me know.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts