Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never noticed it before so it may have wiggled itself out from being tucked away into the frame.

I know Ducati has its proprietary trickle charger plug under the seat but is this another way to trickle charge the battery or get power from the battery for any external devices? Seems weird the way it's just dangling there, not really secured tight
20200530_212024.jpg

·
Registered
63 Posts
The service plug of my Desert Sled looks different. It has a different cup at the end.

Don't know what yours is.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The service plug of my Desert Sled looks different. It has a different cup at the end.

Don't know what yours is.
So the service plug is on the outside of your DS? I thought the dealer tapped into the proprietary plug under the seat for that.

·
Registered
63 Posts
No, I have it under the seat. But you're right it looks a like accidentally placed outside.

·
Registered
118 Posts
It's a generic battery tender cable. A lot of dealers will install them and route/let them hang any which way so they can maintain the batteries before they are sold. I re-routed mine and tucked it under the seat.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Yeah. Looks like an aftermarket battery tender plug. Bought my bike used and last owner fitted one. That looks a bit messy though, could do with being tucked up into the frame more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts