Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to make the sad decision as I have become very arthritic in my thumb joints and just could not hold the bars comfortably any more. I was gutted to see it go as I loved it and it inspired me to go to places I didn't think I would (Hardknott Pass) so I put a few granny notches on my belt with it! It made the parting easier to bear as it went to a biker friend but it hurt to see it trailered off into the sunset :crybaby2:. I have offers of pillion rides which I will take up to keep in with the biking fraternity but as you know it's not the same :culpability:, still I have many happy memories of of all the wonderful times I had. A very special bike and the one which put most smiles on my face despite all it's quirks! :love7:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Terribly sorry to hear that Little Owl, hope you'll carry on with all sorts of adventures otherwise.

Sarah

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Sorry to hear of you folks who are getting/have got arthritis, you have an idea of where I am coming from! I didn't realise how quick it would affect me, one year I was fine, the next I barely rode ten times due to every outing being more a feat of endurance than enjoyment :confusion:. But I am thankful of all the good times I had and have a lot of things I can still do, I enjoy exploring the country in my camper van and walking the dogs (while my knees are still in reasonable shape :rolleyes::D). Make the most of it folks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts