Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on fitting my TomTom Rider to my UE, using a Ram ball mount in one of the riser bolts, like in one of the promo videos. Does anyone know where the best power take off is, preferably a switched live? I don't want to use the USB socket, just a decent feed near the headlamp, any ideas?

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I'm planning on fitting my TomTom Rider to my UE, using a Ram ball mount in one of the riser bolts, like in one of the promo videos. Does anyone know where the best power take off is, preferably a switched live? I don't want to use the USB socket, just a decent feed near the headlamp, any ideas?
Double check that there is not an auxillary power point in or around the headlight area. What you're looking for is a small two wire white plug strapped to the loom with a short tail heat shrunk protected about 25mm long.
This socket can be used for different accessories and is fused and switched.
The problem is, I'm not sure about the Scrambler but it is likely.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I also took power from usb port cables, soldered my TomToms active wiring to it. Works as expected.
The bonus of doing it your way is you get rid of most of the cable just by routing it to under the seat. Using the socket up front leaves four foot of cable to hide.
I too use the TomTom rider. Brilliant piece of kit, my wife and I both have them fitted. I'm not a fan of Garmin.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'd rather try for power around the headlamp and not route the wiring back. Maybe I'll give the lead to the dealer and see what they come up with?

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I'd rather try for power around the headlamp and not route the wiring back. Maybe I'll give the lead to the dealer and see what they come up with?
I think it would be the neater way and maybe the excess cable can go inside the headlight.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just cut the excess off, I've recycled a lead from a bike I've sold so it's already shorter ;-)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts