Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Curious if anyone has experience with these. Like many new owners I fell in love with the little 803 but... man I never thought getting this thing dialed in would be so hard. Lots of old data on this forum so looking for some current info.

Still looks like the only options are
1. Ohlins NIX30
2. Andriani
3. Ohlins R/T full replacement
4. These SBs

The only ones I cant find data on is the SB.

Also curious on Ohlins shock v. the R3s... price is no object and to be honest, if someone knew exactly which bike I could do a full swap with I'd do it in a heart beat.

·
Registered
273 Posts
One of the first mods I did to the FTP was to send the forks to Ken. My previous bike was an ST4s and I knew I wouldn't be happy with the stock Scrambler suspension.

I told Ken my weight, riding style and habits. He also asked about on road/off road.

When I got the forks (and new rear shock), I installed them and haven't had to adjust them for my day to day riding. His initial set up was pretty much spot on. The nice thing is that if I need to change things, I have that capability.

I would recommend Ken's services anytime.

-Bob

·
Registered
25 Posts

Curious if anyone has experience with these. Like many new owners I fell in love with the little 803 but... man I never thought getting this thing dialed in would be so hard. Lots of old data on this forum so looking for some current info.

Still looks like the only options are
1. Ohlins NIX30
2. Andriani
3. Ohlins R/T full replacement
4. These SBs

The only ones I cant find data on is the SB.

Also curious on Ohlins shock v. the R3s... price is no object and to be honest, if someone knew exactly which bike I could do a full swap with I'd do it in a heart beat.
If price is no object I would send your forks and specifications to Ken and pair it with his triple adjustable rear shock to get it sorted out. Ken is pretty cool, I think he's a member here? Or maybe shoot him an email or message on instagram.

There are some swaps out there but no information on American forums. I've seen Panigale forks a few times, I think the head bearings and tube are same diameter so if you have a full donor front end it should fit, but I'm not 100% sure if any custom work is necessary and I think you may lose ABS functionality.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I talked to Ken and that’s the plan. Sending him my forks and doing a two way shock. He raised some really valid points on why I don’t want to mess with the front end too much since I like how balanced the bike is stock.

Coming from a 748 there are lots of nit picky things I’m working through but man these things are fun. Can’t wait to get it on the track.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts