Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, so i figured since I had to take the old exhaust off to get to the mesh filter to change the oil I thought I would be responsible and replace it with an aftermarket exhaust. Chose the SC project conic silencer and it sounds amazing and is not as heavy as the brick the factory put on. The issue is where the exhaust itself mounts onto the bike. The top image is how the pipe arrived from Italy, however the clearance between the pipe and the swingarm is so small that it can hold a credit card tight enough its difficult to pull out. Right now i have swapped it so the bracket faces outward, and I have a considerably less nerve wracking clearance, though the springs clipping the SC to the aftermarket go at a little bit of an angle. I seem to see a mix on youtube of the bracket facing outward and inward, I'm thinking it should be fine kicking out a bit further from the bike, I cant see it causing any harm this way. Anyone familiar with this exhaust that found the proper solution?

Original.jpg clearance.jpg current.jpg

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the response, ill take it that you havent had any issues that way. Ill likely swap it back to factory after work, Im sure they know what theyre doing ive just never seen such a tight squeeze between exhaust and bike and got spooked.

·
Registered
214 Posts
woo that's tight. But I'm with Ramarren. If you can somehow make an adjustment to the bracket, you should be good.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have the same pipe. Mine is closer than tight and it's touching. I emailed them earlier to see what they suggest - awaiting a response

·
Registered
792 Posts
Mine had the bracket like your first picture and it was way too close and making contact with the swing arm when I was riding. Definitely not OK.

I swapped the bracket round like your second photo and it's much better. I still then bent the bracket a little more just to get extra clearance. I would not use it the other way, it was way too close at a standstill, never mind when riding and the suspension is under load.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I had the same problem, but now I have about 10mm clearance. Loosen the screws in the end can so the bracket can move. Turn the link pipe so it points slightly outwards. The bracket is then at a slight diagonal on the end can. Tighten it all up any you will have loads of clearance. Also the whole endcan is more solid. The main problem I had when the can was in line and close was it didn't feel solid. Now I have it really solid with lots of clearance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Has anyone found a map for the SC Project pipe? I'm having a hard time coming across one. I've installed a DNA high flow air filter and have ridden it for 1,000+ miles as is. Pipe sounds great but it's running like shit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no, im taking the winter to figure out if i want to get the bike dyno'd or have the ecu flashed. I don't plan any future mods so I may just go the ECU route since its considerably cheaper around here.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Has anyone found a map for the SC Project pipe? I'm having a hard time coming across one. I've installed a DNA high flow air filter and have ridden it for 1,000+ miles as is. Pipe sounds great but it's running like shit.
I have a couple of Rexxer maps based on BMC filter and no 02 sensors as well as one with 02 sensors. Never liked how the torque was uneven when I added the SC Projects Conic but the maps sorted the fueling out nicely

·
Registered
5 Posts
Will I be able to use the Rexxar maps with the PowerCommanderV (since I already purchased the PCV)? A sales rep at Power Commander finally got back to me and told me that the closest option will be the termignoni slip on map but I doubt this is ideal since the SC Project 2-1 Conic is a straight pipe.

·
Registered
292 Posts
No, the Power Commander and the Rexxer are totally different products that try to do the same thing in different ways.

The Power Commander alters the signals that are sent to the ECU in order to get the ECU to act differently (how much fuel to inject, control of spark, etc). The Rexxer replaces the mapping inside the ECU itself in order to get it to change those things.

·
Registered
5 Posts
A second person at SC Project just sent the following....

"As you have found, tuning is necessary for the de-cat exhaust systems for both power and reliability. We highly recommend Rapid Bike "Evo" tuning modules as found here at MotovationUSA.com:

https://www.motovationusa.com/rapid-bike-evo-auto-tuning-fuel-management-tuning-module-KRBEVO-117.html

We have used them on a wide variety of applications and have had very positive results!"

@$525, it is a significant upcharge from Rexxer. Has anyone hooked an Evo up to their scrambler? Especially since I now have the Power Commander V to sell as well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts