Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did you guys see this?

1604-02-rdi62ceo-3quart.png

Ducati's new scrambler 800 has been into the scorpion R&D facility where the technicians have developed a slip-on performance exhaust.

Available for the application is Scorpion's Serket Taper silencer, available in the usual finishes that Scorpion offer, brushed Stainless Steel, Carbon Fibre and Satin Titanium.

1604-04-rdi62seo-close.png

As well as increased performance and a smoother power curve, big weight savings of up to 4.6 kg are made over the standard exhaust.

1604-06-rdi62seo-kit-top.png

As well as the impressive performance improvements both silencers have been acoustically developed to improve the sound of the bike. The standard O.E. quiet sound is replaced with a much deeper note.

Headline features include a unique precision formed 6 facet profile and an Aerospace derived multi composite ‘Claw Contoured’’ outlet. Additionally Serket features a tempered / fused sleeve seam with compression coined ends and a GP Style double spring mount.​

Scorpion Exhaust Ducati 800 Scrambler SERKET Taper

serket-taper-titanium.jpg

Stainless
serkettapbcarbon-74.jpg

Carbon Fiber - + £50
serket-taper-stainless-379.jpg

Titanium + £50

·
Registered
941 Posts
These cans have the baffle in the can and you need to remove the can to take it out. Put me right off that one.

·
Registered
941 Posts
How often would you be taking the baffle in and out?
If i was to go to Lake District or other areas in UK where many residents are fed up with loud bikes in those areas families have days out then baffle would go back in. I prefer a baffle that can be easily accessed

·
Registered
106 Posts
We're more fed up with caravans and tourists parping along at 10mph, and parking in the most inconsiderate place checking out the scenery than loud pipes. Well I am anyway. I keep out of the central Lakes in summer as it's a nightmare. Around the edges have much better biking roads.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I think it's the best looking of the aftermarket pipes so far. Hard to get an impression of the noise from that clip, maybe one with and without the baffle would help?
If it sounded good with the baffle in, maybe changing it wouldn't be an issue.

Lake District would be nice to ride around, but those caravans would annoy the hell out of me! As would the rain. At least the caravans here are pulled by big 4wds that can keep up a reasonable pace, and they tend to keep to the main highways

·
Registered
106 Posts
Rain! What rain. Oh, (looks out window) it's raining now. Without the rain there would be no lakes. :laughing7:

·
Registered
73 Posts
I've just ordered one of those scorpion exhaust, can't wait to slap it on the ole scrambler! And finally hear that engine

·
Registered
314 Posts
At the price competetive and comparable to the SC-Project Cone slip-on, however the SC-Project is standard in Titanium, I think it looks a bit better without the facets and the sound is also awesome even withe the DB-Eater in.

·
Registered
941 Posts
At the price competetive and comparable to the SC-Project Cone slip-on, however the SC-Project is standard in Titanium, I think it looks a bit better without the facets and the sound is also awesome even withe the DB-Eater in.
With a bit of luck my SC Project Titanium Conic will be posted out early next week :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've just ordered one of those scorpion exhaust, can't wait to slap it on the ole scrambler! And finally hear that engine
Hi have scorpion fitted for 2weeks now love it engine pick up much cleaner have dB killer out not overly loud but a much deeper sound

·
Registered
164 Posts
mmmm, me likes the sound of it - but the closed room on the video probably had something to do with that.
For the less knowledgeable of us, what does the 'flute' do?
Looking at the instructions it slips in between the standard collectors and the end pipe.
I noted on the Dyno results it had a reading for no Flute, and no DB Killer and both removed, I know what the DB Killer does, but what about the flute?

·
Registered
941 Posts
mmmm, me likes the sound of it - but the closed room on the video probably had something to do with that.
For the less knowledgeable of us, what does the 'flute' do?
Looking at the instructions it slips in between the standard collectors and the end pipe.
I noted on the Dyno results it had a reading for no Flute, and no DB Killer and both removed, I know what the DB Killer does, but what about the flute?
When I asked Scorpion by Facebook message about the flute they said it was the DB killer.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts