Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from a 5 day tour of Scotland, 1300 miles in total and mainly good weather.
Set off up the M6 to Dumfries then went west across Dumfries and Galloway up to the ferry at Gourock.
Heading into Galloway

Ferry heading towards Dunoon.

Then from Dunoon we went up to Oban.
Oban Bay

Hotel for the night overlooking the bay.

From Oban we headed up the coast to the Corran ferry across Loch Linnhe.

From here the weather was improving all the time as we headed through Roshven up to Mallaig.

And then it was another ferry from Mallaig to the Isle of Skye.
ApproachingSkye.

continued............

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
When we arrived in Skye we headed up to Portree and on to the north coast passing through Uig.
Uig Bay

We continued around the coast line with spectacular views around every corner.

This is heading towards the Storr, a location used in the Game of thrones films.

We then crossed the Skye bridge to our hotel in the Kyle of Localsh.

continued.........

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After a good breakfast we headed north to the Pass of the Cattle.
This is a single track road that winds over the mountain to Applecross.

An finally the summit of the pass.

From here we dropped down into Applecross and up the coast hearing towards Gairloch with more stunning views.

Finally arriving at Gairloch bay.

continued.......

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From Gairloch we continued ever northward through Ullapool, up to Durness and the North coast.

eventually arriving at Strathy, our resting place for the night.

After a superb breakfast we headed down Strath Halladale to the A9 and onto Inverness.

We went around Inverness up to Nairn and through Grantown on Spey, eventually entering the Cairngorm mountains.

From the Cairngorms we continued on through the Spittal of Glenshee

Finally arriving at our hotel in Blairgowrie.

Unfortunately I didn't get any pics from the ride home from Blairgowrie due to my camera battery going flat!
The bike went great, but the seat has to go!:courage:

·
Registered
292 Posts
That is a brilliant trip.

I spent a week or so on Skye 20 years ago. I went over via the Mallaig ferry, just like you did, after sleeping in a tent on the beach outside of Arisaig. Spent Easter Sunday in Portree and generally loved the whole area. I would kill to ride my Scrambler there.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Thanks for posting it looks like a terrific ride route for a bike like a Scrambler and the weather gods look like they were on your side as well which has to be a bonus.
What hand guards do you have on the Scrambler?
A relatively inexpensive solution for the seat might be an Airhawk. A property inflated AirHawk is all day riding bliss and it has the advantage of being something you buy once and use on multiple bikes.

Homepage - Airhawk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for posting it looks like a terrific ride route for a bike like a Scrambler and the weather gods look like they were on your side as well which has to be a bonus.
What hand guards do you have on the Scrambler?
A relatively inexpensive solution for the seat might be an Airhawk. A property inflated AirHawk is all day riding bliss and it has the advantage of being something you buy once and use on multiple bikes.

Homepage - Airhawk
Thanks for the link, I will look into one of those.
Handguards are by Powerbronze, DUCATI SCRAMBLER 15-18/MATT BLACK HAND GUARDS | eBay

1 - 9 of 9 Posts