Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do the scrambler fraternity use scottoilers or any oilers for that matter. I have an E system on my Tiger and it’s excellent, wondering whether to fit an oiler to my Scrambler.
What do you think?

·
Registered
892 Posts
That is a General Motors v Ford question. Most people are one or the other and that is it.
I've never been a chain oiler person too much faffing around and mess from what I can see. owners claim that once they are properly configured there is no mess but from my observation that must mean that 99% of the poeple I have seen with them do not have them properly configured.
The scrambler chain is one size too small anyway (520 v 525) IMO presumably to save weight or cost or both so when the original wears out I will be investigating going to to 525 chain which should last a long time on a Scrambler with even basic lubing being applied.

·
Registered
292 Posts
The Scrambler is my first bike with a chain (coming from long term BMW ownership) and to be honest though I thought about it before I owned the bike, now I don't really see the need. It takes about five minutes to clean and lube a chain every 500 or so miles so an oiler system just seems like an expensive, messy pain in the ass. $140 - $300 (depending on the system) will buy a LOT of cans of chain lube.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The Scrambler is my first bike with a chain (coming from long term BMW ownership) and to be honest though I thought about it before I owned the bike, now I don't really see the need. It takes about five minutes to clean and lube a chain every 500 or so miles so an oiler system just seems like an expensive, messy pain in the ass. $140 - $300 (depending on the system) will buy a LOT of cans of chain lube.
I have a ScottOiler on both my Multistrada and now on my 1100 scrambler.
I have the vacuum version on my Multistrada and it’s a bit finicky to set up and does splatter a bit of oil, I don’t mind because that’s the indicator to me that the chain is getting lube. On the 1100 the dealer refused to fit the V version so they supplied the electronic version for the same price as the vacuum version - I wasn’t gonna complain as it’s infinitely superioir and so much easier to adjust uses less oil but there is a bit of splatter but no more than if I used chain lube

It works for me and it is just fit and forget apart from occasional clean. Done 6k miles on the multi and it’s a treat but the e-version vastly superior

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’m thinking of an 1100 and I have a Scottoiler E System I removed from my previous bike. Can you please show me photos of where they fitted the reservoir and the controller.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I’m thinking of an 1100 and I have a Scottoiler E System I removed from my previous bike. Can you please show me photos of where they fitted the reservoir and the controller.
Sure in London at the moment but will send you photos when I get home

·
Registered
13 Posts
EC391795-76ED-4C85-A660-ECA564FED6BD.jpeg
12146D11-E5CA-4CC5-8309-CE4EB9736C1D.jpeg
4FD71816-164B-445E-8B09-4DBE8CC9250F.jpeg
5A67974E-8121-47ED-880C-B2BEB2D04226.jpeg
CB457158-5AA3-4C80-97D4-C89564E5CA6C.jpeg
Thanks for that, no rush. BTW how do you like the new bike? Is it superior to the 800.
It’s utterly awesome and I just love the soundtrack. Done 800miles and have been really enjoying the 1100. I have ordered the Journey pack and the comfort seat, the wife and I recently did a 300mile round trip but she staged a rebellion stating that I needed a comfort seat or else....
Haven’t ridden the 800 so can’t compare it to the 800 which I did look at. I was tempted by the Desert Sled till the 1100 was fired up - after that the 800 never had a chance

Anyway here are the photos of the scottOiler are above - let me know if you want any other views or info

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the photos. I always like to hide things so would try to fit the reservoir under the seat, but can see how to mount the controller.
What’s a journey pack?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I’ve been trying to find out the size of the screen don’t suppose you know??
I understand that it is about 30cm high - just enough to deflect the wind (I hope) the kit is on backorder and should arrive in October - will post photos when it’s all fitted

·
Registered
560 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts