Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I am currently procuring some premium mods for those interested in modding their 1100. I would love to hear what type of mods people are looking at doing, or what they have already done!

In the coming days and weeks, we should have a lot more mods available for those interested. Here is what we have now,

Fork turn signals -

https://astroscrambler.com/products/...13539629596714

And an exhaust -

https://astroscrambler.com/products/...scrambler-1100

Soon will have more exhausts (see attached), and a fender eliminator kit with tail light!

Let me know if there are any other mods you are looking to get, or how you envision modding the 1100, would love to hear!

Attachments

·
Registered
733 Posts
Do you have any performance figures for the Decat on the Arrow - with and without the Cans?

Also does it effect the mixture - meaning it needs a remap?

Would be interested in a sump protection plate - I had the Ducati one on my 800 and also half the Evotech One - just makes it easier to clean and gives some additional protection.

Some nice heavy bar ends.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Good to know some parts are coming!

I bought my 1100 Sport almost 2 months ago and there's not much out there available yet. I'm not a fan of the stock handlebars (too much rise and too wide for my taste) so I picked up some Biltwell tracker style bars. Unfortunately, they wont fit without measuring and drilling for the Ducati switchgear. So I just ordered some used OEM Monster 1200 bars, (already drilled) hopefully they will work!

The Arrow exhaust looks great! Can't wait to hear it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you have any performance figures for the Decat on the Arrow - with and without the Cans?

Also does it effect the mixture - meaning it needs a remap?

Would be interested in a sump protection plate - I had the Ducati one on my 800 and also half the Evotech One - just makes it easier to clean and gives some additional protection.

Some nice heavy bar ends.
Right now, we are waiting to get some technical figures and recommended installation procedures, and will share as soon as we have it. In terms of the sump protection plate, that too, should be coming in a couple of weeks, I am told. I will keep you in the loop!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good to know some parts are coming!

I bought my 1100 Sport almost 2 months ago and there's not much out there available yet. I'm not a fan of the stock handlebars (too much rise and too wide for my taste) so I picked up some Biltwell tracker style bars. Unfortunately, they wont fit without measuring and drilling for the Ducati switchgear. So I just ordered some used OEM Monster 1200 bars, (already drilled) hopefully they will work!

The Arrow exhaust looks great! Can't wait to hear it.
Good idea on the Monster Bars, should work great and save you some time! As soon as we get video of the sound we'll be sharing! We will be getting a fender eliminator kit in 2 weeks! Subscribe to be first to get the announcement! astroscambler.com

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to announce that we now have the NRC fender eliminator kit in production, and ready to ship in the next 10 days. You heard it here first!

Clean up that bulky fender. PLUG & PLAY fender eliminator kit for the entire 1100 cc Ducati Scrambler line of bikes! This kit is fender eliminator solution complete with

(1) Clean Turn Signals
(2) Sleak Bar Brake Lights
(3) License plate bracket (comes in tucked or classic mount)
(4) Dedicated license plate light

The license plate bracket has two unique mounts (1) Classic has extra steel brackets to extend the plate and avoid tire interference and (2) Tucked.

This plug & play kit saves you time and money on installation, and lets you plug right in and ride on!

Here is the link and some images!

https://astroscrambler.com/search?ty...roduct&q=1100*

Attachments

·
Registered
235 Posts
Got my ~600 mile first service done today on the 1100 and dropped a tooth on the front sprocket. HIGHLY recommend this mod fellas. It's such an improvement not to have to downshift so often, or go down to 1st gear in a traffic circle. Gave up a slight bit on the top end, but even at 70-75 mph she's right around 4300 rpms. Much more responsive off the line and the mid range as well.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I guess it comes down to how much freeway/interstate riding you're doing. Most of my riding is backroads/surface streets with the occasional interstate ride. Prior to the sprocket change, I didn't notice much difference between 5th and 6th gear; so not a huge loss. I would love to have a taller 6th gear and have the best of both worlds!

This being my first Ducati, the one thing that struck me as odd was the rather shaky starts with the tall 1st gear. I asked my buds who all have Ducs about that and they all said they dropped a tooth to smooth it out. It feels like it not only pulls harder out of the hole (expected), but also through all of the gears (pleasant surprise)...likely because the engine is staying in the 4k rpm range which feels like its sweet spot.

·
Registered
733 Posts
My Multistrada - I did what you did (increased teeth on rear) because I did not need 160MPH - 150MPH is fine...and it gave better pull for sure.

On the 800 scrambler - people did it both ways - going up and down... I also decreased rear sprocket there - to make it faster - for the same reason - looking for 7th Gear...

I do a 120 mile route ride on fast country roads - so 90% in the 60 + MPH range - rarely to never in towns in traffic.. - Only when i go for service... The bikes are just a hobby and ridden early AM when no traffic around.. for 95% of the mileage..

·
Registered
838 Posts
I hope thre will be an aluminium chainguard available soon that matches the silver color on the tank. I have one on my 800 and would love one for the 1100 as well as I realy dislike the floppy plastic item that is fitted as standard.
The one I have now:
View attachment 36161

·
Registered
235 Posts
That looks great! I wonder if it would work on the 1100?

I'll bet there are a lot of parts from the 800 that would swap over, but its a big risk to buy them if they don't! :icon_biggrin:

·
Registered
838 Posts
That looks great! I wonder if it would work on the 1100?

I'll bet there are a lot of parts from the 800 that would swap over, but its a big risk to buy them if they don't! :icon_biggrin:
The guard won't fit I'm afraid because the mounting points are different.
Thinks I do know that fit are the headlight ring, the bottem speedo cover, frame plugs, oil filter and the mirrors. The aluminium cast footrest support is also the same item as the 800 (even got some unused mounting points). I do wonder if the shock is the same lenght and if it uses the same mounting points. If so you might be able to swap it if you already have an upgraded aftermarket item.

I also suspect that the brake and clutch reservoir covers can be replaced with items from the 796 monster and that you can swap the cover of the rear brake reservoir with the one that's on the 800.

Can't wait till next friday when I get it and start to figure everything out.

·
Registered
235 Posts
That's great news! I was contemplating getting a set of crankcase bolts from Pro Bolt, but they only have the 800. I am thinking they will likely fit. I did add Monster 1200 S handlebars and they were a direct fit.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I've ordered and recieved some cheap Ali Express CNC covers that are ment for the Monster 796 and other Ducati models. I've went for these cheap ones as they where the only ones I could find in a bare aluminium finish.
On the CNC Racing website they also offer clutch covers and according to their fitment list should fit both the Scrambler 1100 and the Monster 796 etc. so I guessed lets give it a try.
The brake cover fitted perfectly and looks realy nice but the clutch cover turned out to be not a perfect match. On the brake cover there are 2 tiny venting holes(one on the front right side and one on the rear left), on the clutch cover the tiny venting holes are in the same place but on the original Scrambler 1100 cover the two tiny venting holes are both on the rear side so this doesn't look like it's going to work.
It's a shame though because the covers look realy nice. I'm glad I've ordered these cheap ones first to notice the problem.
I've also contacted CNC Racing if they know about this difference and what their take on this is. If the holes on the CNC Racing ones are in the right place I would gladly order those but I seriously doubt it.
The only other option are the Rizoma ones specialy made for the 1100 but they are crazy expensive and not that nice.

I hope you can see the venting holes on the original cover in the pictures.
20180920_163800.jpg
20180918_223903.jpg
20180920_161737_1.jpg

1 - 20 of 215 Posts