Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
181 - 200 of 216 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Looking for advice on a couple things, first is the front brake cable - is there a replacement or modification I can do to route it along the handlebars instead of up and over the gauges? Second, are all the basic fender eliminators basically the same quality or is there a brand to look for? (I just want the basic bracket type)

Thanks

·
Registered
868 Posts
Looking for advice on a couple things, first is the front brake cable - is there a replacement or modification I can do to route it along the handlebars instead of up and over the gauges? Second, are all the basic fender eliminators basically the same quality or is there a brand to look for? (I just want the basic bracket type)

Thanks
I guess you could just reroute the brake cable and hide the extra slack under the tank(people used to do this on theire 800's too).
What's a fender eliminator? Do you mean the front or do you wan't a tail tidy? The Evotech one seams to be pretty good but it's a lot of work to mount.
EP Ducati Scrambler 1100 Tail Tidy 2018+
Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire Auto part

·
Registered
235 Posts
I too would love to find a set of brake cables for the Scrambler that tuck in and don't clutter the front end. It hasn't been a priority for me to replace yet, but it has bothered me since I bought the bike. I know they did it supposedly for the suspension travel/offroad look or capability, but I'm not a fan. I think it cheapens the appearance overall.

For tail tidy, as Skippy suggested, the Evotech is very high quality. I initially put in the R&G, and IMHO, its quality/fitment is not up to par with the price and the directions are terrible. Putting it in was an all day job the first time, and with the R&G I disassembled and reassembled it a few times and it still never fit the way I wanted it to. I also had to drill out a bolt that would not loosen which was very frustrating. I then got the Evotech and it was a thousand percent improvement. The fitment, quality of the materials and hardware is top notch, and the directions are way better. It looks and fits like OEM:

Vehicle Tire Auto part Automotive exhaust Wheel

After doing the R&G multiple times and then the Evotech, I could probably do the job now from beginning to end in 2 hours, moving slowly because there are a lot of steps. It's not hard, just time consuming. But certainly worth it!

Here's the stock holder vs the R&G....I didn't do a side by side with the Evotech, but its a similar design, just way higher quality:

Bicycle part

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks guys, yeah tail tidy is what I meant. Going to go ahead and order an Evotech i think.

Also seats - is there a taller and flatter seat available? On the stock seat I find myself sitting on the hump where it transitions into the passenger area a lot.

The brake cable - is rotating the 90* fitting an option? If no, can you just replace the fitting or do you have to replace the whole cable?

·
Registered
868 Posts
Thanks guys, yeah tail tidy is what I meant. Going to go ahead and order an Evotech i think.

Also seats - is there a taller and flatter seat available? On the stock seat I find myself sitting on the hump where it transitions into the passenger area a lot.

The brake cable - is rotating the 90* fitting an option? If no, can you just replace the fitting or do you have to replace the whole cable?
There is a 25mm higher comfort seat option and that is probably going to be a bit flatter like the comfort seat on the 800.
I think you could just rotate the fitting and hide the exces brake line underneath the tank area but don't put any sharp bends in it though. But don't mess with the brakes unless you know what you are doing though, just saying safety first.
Personally I like the old school upswept loop in the brake line ,even though it serves no purpose except for giving it that retro look, and am still a bit amazed at how many people are fussing about it(some YouTube video's have tons of negative comments on the brake line...).
Post some pictures of your bike if you get the line changed, always like to see other people's 1100's.

·
Registered
235 Posts

FWIW I tried to rotate the brake line when I switched my handlebars out, and even just breaking it loose ever so slightly to move it caused pressure loss in the system, and I had to get it bled to get the air out. I did the same thing on my Triumph and there was no pressure lost. Just be careful.

·
Registered
868 Posts
FWIW I tried to rotate the brake line when I switched my handlebars out, and even just breaking it loose ever so slightly to move it caused pressure loss in the system, and I had to get it bled to get the air out. I did the same thing on my Triumph and there was no pressure lost. Just be careful.
Yes getting air in is what I basicly expect while loosening the brake hose at that point that's why I only reccomend doing this kind of thing when you know what you are doing or else let a shop do it.

·
Registered
908 Posts
I’m really good at getting air in, and really sh__e at getting it out. I’ve bled car and motorbike brakes a thousand times but occasionally one really won’t work and takes days in short bursts to get it working.

·
Registered
97 Posts
That looks NICE. Did you have to remove the thank for connecting the electrical wires?
You have to lift it, yes, I just used a roll of duct tape as a block to hold it while I swapped out the connectors

Current:’18 xDiavel S, ‘18 1100 Sport
Sold: 16 Scrambler Icon, ‘15 Monster 1200, ‘14 Diavel Strada, ‘12 Monster 1100evo, ‘09 Monster 1100, ‘08 NM Hypermotard #7

·
Registered
8 Posts
Got the evotech tail tidy kit in, went to install it, and of course 5 minutes in an allen screw stripped (left side of what I think of as the tail bracket). Been wrestling with it for 3 days now to no avail, probably gonna take it to a shop because i'm not confident drilling it myself. On the plus side the bike sounds fantastic without mufflers, been thinking of leaving them off permanently.

·
Registered
908 Posts
I had a similar problem, posted it and got recommendations from forum members. A lot said to get Wera Allen and Torx keys. So I bought some (not cheap) and every bolt has come out since excellent tools.
Have you tried hammering in a Torx bit? I got mine out by drilling into the bolt I think from memory with a 6mm drill then hammering in a Torx bit and they came out easily. After that punishment you may need new bolts.:acne:

·
Registered
868 Posts
Gasman's suggestion sounds good or if you have enough of the head left maybe try to make a slot in the head and use a srewdriver.
Giving a bot a good tap with a hammer with the allen bit on is always a good idea before trying to get a bolt loose as well as aplying heat to the bolts.

·
Registered
908 Posts
I was told by a Ducati Service manager that Ducati use Red Loctite which as we all know is difficult to shift. He told me to apply heat if you can to soften the Loctite to assist in the removal.
I don’t know how efficient his tip was as I haven’t tried it, but he said insert an Allen key into the bolt and heat the key to transfer the heat.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Anyone else is having problems with the stock grips because i do.

Any suggestion to replace them? I saw Grip Puppies but i am not sure how long they last...

·
Registered
140 Posts
Grip puppies is a great choice. I 'm using them since I discovered the pleasure of a fat and soft grip in any driving conditions.
Highly raccomended

And heating up a screw is a good hints too.
Even a hair drier could help a little

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hey guys,

I am currently procuring some premium mods for those interested in modding their 1100. I would love to hear what type of mods people are looking at doing, or what they have already done!

Let me know if there are any other mods you are looking to get, or how you envision modding the 1100, would love to hear!
Has anyone ever come out with a gauge relocator that mounts onto the handlebar clamps for the 1100?

181 - 200 of 216 Posts