Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
161 - 180 of 216 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Anyone know a good alternative for rear fender, something like 800 class one?
The front can welcomes an extention too.
Driving on wet it's a nightmare since all the mud is throwed on my jacket/helmet.
I honestly never had a motorcycle that didn't throw up a lot of crap at the rear of my jacket. I would have loved the longer alu rear fender that I had on my 800 but just for looks as this also didn't keep the mud of my back.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Metal Aluminium Wood Hardware accessory

The standard screws go where the CSK screws are and the CSK screws fix them to the forks..,, in the CSK holes..

Should give you the idea...

The difference in centres is actually 20mm

Overall length about 105mm

Width about 20mm

Thickness around 3mm

·
Registered
868 Posts
The V-trec levers arrived today and are looking very good! The action on those adjusters is amazing with smooth action and a very precise reassuring click.
They come provided with mounting instructions and the abe(German aproval) papers.
Can't wait to fit them to the bike. Lets hope they fit... :evil6:
String instrument accessory Audio equipment Guitar Guitar accessory
Auto part
Auto part Brake Automotive engine part Lever

·
Registered
235 Posts
And fitted...just couldn't wait:happy7:
I feared I had over done it with the colour but I love it.:love-struck:
View attachment 40129
Looks great Skippy! I love the color combo. The gold adjusters accents the fork tubes nicely and the silver complements the other silver parts.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know the diameter for the ohlins forks if i was to get clip-on handlebars for it? All i can find is "Öhlins fully adjustable Ø48 mm usd fork".
Does that mean i need to get 48mm clip-ons? Pls help.

·
Registered
908 Posts
I may be wrong and I usually am or so the wife says. But I would double check that size as fork internal cartridges are given in sizes not the external diameter. ie 30mm and 45mm.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Does anyone know the diameter for the ohlins forks if i was to get clip-on handlebars for it? All i can find is "Öhlins fully adjustable Ø48 mm usd fork".
Looking at the specs on Öhlins forks on this site the 48mm probably refers to the lower stanchion tube. So for the outside diameter it's best to measure the forks I guess.
Maybe Duc1100Scram can give you a measurement if you don't have acces to a 1100 Sport.

·
Registered
733 Posts
There is a difference in OD between the Sport and Special / Standard of about 1mm... so forks are not interchangeable without new triple trees or machining.. but from memory (I am in China so no where near bike about 56mm) - but do not buy anything based on that size.

Not sure there is room to fit clip on's the sport does extend further up than standard - but not by much..

Best wait for your bike unless you can find where someone else has done it - or talk with Mugello..

·
Registered
868 Posts
Rode the Scrambler for 400 km today and the levers are great! Did have a slipping clutch in the beginning even though I matched the the length of the adjustment screw with the original lever. When the motor was cool it worked but engaged pretty late but when it got warm it started slipping. Luckely I expected some problems after Gasman's story so I packed a Victorinox Swiss Army knife so I could quickly adjust it and then everything was fantastic.Engagement point way better and with more "feel" and the brake lever also feels way more solid and precise(the old one had a bit of flex).

·
Registered
97 Posts
57mm outside diameter;)

Current:’18 xDiavel S, ‘18 1100 Sport
Sold: 16 Scrambler Icon, ‘15 Monster 1200, ‘14 Diavel Strada, ‘12 Monster 1100evo, ‘09 Monster 1100, ‘08 NM Hypermotard #7

·
Registered
868 Posts
Nice work by MonsterTorch!Woodcraft and Bonamici offer clip-ons in 57mm. The Panigale and Diavel use the same size.
I wonder what look you are going for cause it's going to be pretty low I guess.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Today, I installed the Ducati Performance Scrambler Turn Signalson my 1100. I had a pair I bought a while back for my 800, but never installed. To make them work, Ducati’s sells a “kit” to fit them on the 1100. The kit is four nuts, four washers, and two plastic adapters. Turns out the kit provides everything you need to install both front and rear signals. I installed them on the front, and that requires only two nuts and two washers from the kit. I assume the other parts are for the rear. Here’s some photos of the results

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That looks NICE. Did you have to remove the thank for connecting the electrical wires?

161 - 180 of 216 Posts