Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently these are pics of the new 1100 scrambler.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Tnx for sharing.

I have to let it sink in, and see it in the flesh. Tank is bulkier, which could mean they freed up room for dual throttle bodies. Apart from that, looks a bit bland in this color.

I bet riding it will be a hoot!

·
Registered
292 Posts
I like it so far.

I'll be very curious to see more shots from more angles, because one of the things I really like about the Scrambler is the compactness of the whole thing, the lack of visual bulk. This looks pleasantly muscular, but I want to see more. Not going to be cheap, either, with that suspension and that engine.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Which in my case is not a problem, as I would just take my current with me to a new bike.

Rumor has it (but not confirmed) we can expect 4 different models based on the 1100 EVO. If one of those were a bit more DS-looking, hmmmmm :adoration:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Tank too bulbous. Twin exhaust nice. More weight and probably longer wheelbase...I reckon it'll be no quicker than a properly suspended and set up 800. Stock vs stock it would probably kill the 800 but would have to cost 40% more. I always preferred the 848 to the bigger superbikes tho.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
I do love the dual exhaust, and the tank panel shape is kind of cool. But I'm definitely not feeling any buyer's remorse for grabbing my Classic a couple years ago. Looks good, but I'm still loving my 800!

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
E="Jayswear, post: 153241, member: 2531"]I do love the dual exhaust, and the tank panel shape is kind of cool. But I'm definitely not feeling any buyer's remorse for grabbing my Classic a couple years ago. Looks good, but I'm still loving my 800![/QUOTE]
Been done before, although I reckon for the 1100 version they've used Monster style cans.

IMG_0192.JPG

Urban rear view.jpg

·
Registered
41 Posts
I do love that UE with the dual exhaust. I'd have to get really creative to use saddlebags with that though!

·
Registered
239 Posts
*drooling* ooo, excuse me, (cleaning up my mouth). O. My. Gerd! This is an R-Nine-T eating machine. WANT! [woot][woot][woot][woot]

·
Registered
802 Posts
Awh crap... I was 100% set on a Hypermotard but this is gorgeous. Everything I wanted from an 1100 Scrambler but I bet it's going to be seriously pricey!

Hyper's can be had new for as low as £10k now but I bet this thing is going to be £12-£13k. Maybe even a bit more...

Damn it's pretty though. Just the right amount of muscle added but without ruining the clear Scrambler look. Besides the inevitably high price, the only thing putting me off are the spoked wheels. They look cool but I'd prefer lighter alloy wheels. It makes such a huge difference.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
I personally think this one is too classic. But who knows what else they have in stock....(like a flat tracker?)

·
Registered
802 Posts
Just noticed a few more details in the photos. The switchgear is a lot more comprehensive, looks identical to the Multistrada 950/2018 Monster 821.

So I suspect we will see several rider modes and traction control added. That means bye bye cable throttle. Also new is adjustable suspension. You can already see the influence of the new Rizoma partnership. The new 1100 almost looks tailor made to suit Rizoma's catalog. Another downer though, that front looks like another 18" wheel...

1 - 20 of 57 Posts