Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone, new to site, but not to Ducati. Picked up my 1100 Sport at the weekend and now have 190kms on it. Today cleaning it, I noticed that the exhaust pipe is touching hard on the oil filter. Obviously this isn’t right, as it’s transmitting a lot of heat into the filter, but my main concern it’s going to wear a hole in the filter body, and cause a leak, which could either, cause a problem with oil on the road directly in front of the rear tyre, oil on the exhaust, and potential fire risk. I have contacted my dealer who is waiting for a response from the regional technical manager. I will let you know what happens. I’m not riding it anymore until then. This is more of a heads up to others, as I can’t see any damage etc, to cause this issue, it looks like it was built that way, hence my concern there may be others like it, so please go check, if you own one.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Thanks for the heads up!!

Checked mine and there is 8 to 10mm clearance between pipe and filter.... so hopefully just a one off.... not that it helps you.

Talking of problems...

I ordered an adaptor kit for my Con Stand Vertical lift... arrived today - but the Special Nut the pin goes into has the wrong size thread - so does not mount to the engine bolt....

Different issue ... but thought others may be contemplating the kit / stand for their 1100.

Waiting an answer from Motea who makes them... called them took 10 minutes to answer... then send us an email as we are busy... it will be tomorrow before we can look at email.. we are busy.... Great Customer Service.... Hopefully their resolution of the issue will be better...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
good news, today I collected my 1100, from the dealer. they removed the exhaust and refitted it in the correct alignment. so it was apparently assembled wrong in the factory.

Reactions: ScramblerSport

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
good news, today I collected my 1100, from the dealer. they removed the exhaust and refitted it in the correct alignment. so it was apparently assembled wrong in the factory.
Glad it's sorted, this kind of thing is exactly what a PDI (PRE delivery inspection) is meant to capture. This and adjustments including suspension, clutch cable and throttle freeplay etc.

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
PDI.. :02.47-tranquillity:

The first thing I did to my DS when I got it last year is set the suspension to the "factory" settings...

·
Registered
900 Posts
Glad it's sorted, this kind of thing is exactly what a PDI (PRE delivery inspection) is meant to capture. This and adjustments including suspension, clutch cable and throttle freeplay etc.
Way back in the days of, well days when only exotic machinery had front disc brakes a 15 year old me used to assemble bikes after school at a local bike dealer and when they were assembled do the PDI. Just saying......

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Way back in the days of, well days when only exotic machinery had front disc brakes a 15 year old me used to assemble bikes after school at a local bike dealer and when they were assembled do the PDI. Just saying......
Yes I remember too. You just highlighted one of the problems but the dealer was still responsable.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Yes I remember too. You just highlighted one of the problems but the dealer was still responsable.

Of course they are responsible. In the early 1970s when I was doing it every job mine or the mechanics was thoroughly checked by the workshop foreman before it went into the showroom or back to the customer. I don't believe that happens as much these days.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts