Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,
I'm new on here so please excuse me if this has been covered elsewhere on the forum.
I've had a few previous Ducatis and prefer the lazy power of the air cooled 2 valve engines, over the busier 4 valve water cooled engines.
Before I commit to buy, I was wondering if any 1100 Scrambler owners could tell me what the engine rpm is at 80mph / 128kmh in 6th gear? I have an old 900SS which purrs along at a relaxing 4000 rpm at 80, and was hoping the big Scrambler might give a similar relaxed ride.
Many thanks in advance,
Alec

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On closed course conditions of course, the revs were about 4300 at 80 mph. For context, my bike has 1,600 miles on it.
Hi Oil_Can - that's great news, sincere thanks for the info. My nearest dealer is a 160 mile round trip, so you've really helped me. I'm going to get an 1100 Sport like yours. I'm away for 2 weeks but I'll let you know when I get it. Enjoy your ride, thanks again, Alec

·
Registered
54 Posts
In re-reading this, i realized i gave the wrong rpms. I mistakenly counted each increment as 100 rpms on the tach but i think it should be 200 rpms, right? If so, it would be 4600 rpms (three increments above 4k). I apologize for the mistake. This is lower than the website above states but that may because speedometer is overestimating speed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Guys (just home from 2 week fishing trip).Gearing commander looks helpful, thanks SportCrassic, and thanks for the additional info Oil_Can. I'm going to try the demonstrator before buying, but even with higher revs than expected, I can fit a smaller rear sprocket to calm things down. I'll let you know how I get along. Many thanks, Alec

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's taken a while (I had to sell my Hyperstrada 939 first), but I finally picked up my 1100 Sport Pro today from Glasgow. It's the dealer demonstrator and I took the long way home through the Trossachs. I have to say I absolutely love it, and the only mod I'll probably be making first is to either re-upholster the seat with gel padding, or fit an after market seat. Really happy with this bike.
Plant Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle
:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts