Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

I just got a 2018 Ducati Scrambler Sport. I used to ride a VFR800 Honda. I never thought I'd own a Ducati. I test rode 6 machines and the Scrambler just put a big smile on my stupid face. Anyways, my question is:

I do a lot of road trips. I need a windscreen. I am thinking one that is tinted to fit the flat black look. Anyone have any recommendations?

Thank you in advance.

~Ethan

·
Registered
835 Posts
The Faco looks the nicest if you must. Don't like screens on naked bikes personally. Actually I don't like screens period. They make me ride way to fast and they always seam to cause a lot of buffeting and noise.

·
Registered
907 Posts
The Faco on mine is very good it doesn’t cause any buffeting at all, it just seems to “straighten “ the air hitting you. I’ve ridden at 90+ with an open face helmet.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all for your help. I ended up ordering the PUIG Windscreen - doesn't fit. Thankfully, the folks I ordered through said they will give me a refund.

Gasman, what do you mean by that "it seems to 'straighten' the air hitting you"? Does it give your neck/head a break from the wind?

I find the scrambler is fine up to 100km without a windscreen, but on road trips, I'd like something to take a bit of the wind for me, as I do a lot of long hauls.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Thank you all for your help. I ended up ordering the PUIG Windscreen - doesn't fit. Thankfully, the folks I ordered through said they will give me a refund.

Gasman, what do you mean by that "it seems to 'straighten' the air hitting you"? Does it give your neck/head a break from the wind?

I find the scrambler is fine up to 100km without a windscreen, but on road trips, I'd like something to take a bit of the wind for me, as I do a lot of long hauls.
It seems to stop the buffeting. I get just one stream of air hitting me mostly in the chest and shoulders rather than knocking me around.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I just put a screen on my 800 this weekend.

It was kind of underwhelmed with the effect at 40mph, which was basically nothing.

But at freeway speeds, the normal army of monkeys climbing on my helmet and beating my shoulders has fallen off and only one monkey rocking back and forth on my helmet remains.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I just put a screen on my 800 this weekend.

It was kind of underwhelmed with the effect at 40mph, which was basically nothing.

But at freeway speeds, the normal army of monkeys climbing on my helmet and beating my shoulders has fallen off and only one monkey rocking back and forth on my helmet remains.
Love the analogy lol. Sadly there are no windscreens for the CR, at least not ones that look decent.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all, I fitted a Dart Classic smoke tint. Its not supposted to fit the 1100 but with small amount of mods to bracket hardware it fits and looks great. Slows the blast a little at hyway speeds but mainly looks like it should be there
IMG_3306.JPG

1 - 13 of 13 Posts