Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Scrambler rack was destroyed and is no longer for sale. Leaving the following in case another 1100 Scrambler owner is considering purchase of this rack. In short: don't do it.

I bought a Scrambler rear/tail rack advertised as fitting 400/800/1100 models for my 1100 Standard. The manufacturer was wrong about it fitting the 1100 Scrambler, it's a little too narrow and little too short. It looks like a modified Hepco-Becker design, is quite sturdy and well made (for China), uses 3/4" stainless steel tubing, welds are all good. The ad states the rack strengthens the rear subframe and acts as a rear crashbar. I agree with that claim. It will fit 2015-2018 400/800 Scramblers (except the Desert Sled).
The Amazon seller I bought it from offered a partial refund (and I can re-sell it) or a full refund if I destroy it. It's a decent rack and I'd rather see it used than destroyed. The partial refund will cover Priority Mail shipping to a new owner. Non US buyers, contact me for a discounted shipping price, I only have until 8/18 to accept one or the other offer, so if you are interested at all, let me know quickly because it's will be easier to beat on the rack with a sledge hammer and send a photo of the result than bother selling and shipping it.
This is the drawing used by the seller:
artudatech 70 USD.jpg
Two photos I took (I have more photos and measurements):
DSCN9363.JPG Photo 6.JPG

Contact me through the forum private messaging or post here with questions. Thanks, Bill Photo 3.JPG

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
For some reason, my post disappears on the Classified Forum when I SAVE it. I'm trying a reply to see if it returns. Can someone explain this to me? (My first post on Classifieds.)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts