Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 257 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Picked up a icon a few months back and been slowly transforming it into a proper scrambler. As best i can. Like a lot of things about the bike minus a few details. Never liked the tank, headlight or seat, so currently trying to fix those. See pics below. Alos cut down a monster front fender and made some brackets to hold it. Brackets still in progress. Swapped out headlight assembly for a cleaner LED headlight. Swapped out the bars for mx style bars and small mirror.

Using a moto guzzi repro tank, need to trim out and re weld up. will make custom seat after that.

Attachments

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got some more work done this weekend. Was able to cut down the donor tank to fit (repro motoguzzi tank). Picked up new speedo gauge bracket and grill for headlight. Time to get some parts machined. Still mocking up seat design any thoughts??

Attachments

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Wow, that's some work! You made a sleeve to fit on the frame, and the tank fits on to the sleeve? I love garage projects but I am dense as a fence post, so forgive me.

Sarah

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, im a bit nervous but will be using the existing tank (or damaged scrambler tank) to cut down and use that bottom pan and then attach the top section to that. That way i can keep same mounting features, fuel setup etc. Will be a slow process but fortunately its rainy time here. Fun weekend thing.

motomeek Thanks! I like that one too.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I see, that makes perfect sense, but I can't imagine the work involved. Good luck, and keep us posted, please!

Sarah

p.s. Yep, I'd vote for that seat, too.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Will do! Its just slightly cheaper than a therapist ;)

Im trying to not modify the frame at all if i can. Like to make things reversible if need be. Hoping to machined some fun parts tomorrow night.

·
Registered
239 Posts
O....my.... GAWD..... this is like watching Stranger Things 2. I am totally watching this thread! So fapping arghsome!!!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Didnt get much done this weekend. Im a bit nervous about cutting into a perfectly good scrambler tank, so im currently trying to source a damaged one. Any leads are greatly appreciated! Wrapping up milling a new gauge holder and headlight grills this week. Next up is rewiring the LED headlight, cant go hi beams for some reason. Not satisfied with the muffler placement. I think it should be a bit tighter to the body.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
There are a couple of tanks with "make offer" on Ebay, might be worth a try, esp. the FT with a dent.

Sarah

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Had my buddy sit on the bike for a better look a the proportions. Alos milled out the new gauge bracket and headlight grill. Will show pics later. Thinking of making a nice bash guard too

1 - 20 of 257 Posts