Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Green

Votes: 1 16.7%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To own a Scrambler or not to own a Scrambler.........not even a question. What is the deciding difference between a Classic army green and a beautiful Classic orange? Any help would be most appreciated

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
To own a Scrambler or not to own a Scrambler.........not even a question. What is the deciding difference between a Classic army green and a beautiful Classic orange? Any help would be most appreciated
Couldn't decide so bought one of each, Geezo, the Sled appeared so needed one of those too. (tbh. The Classic's my wifes)
Really, between the Urban and Classic it's easy as the army style is love it or hate it.
I will say though, if Steve McQueen had the Urban then he would have 'made' the fence

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
My KTM is a definite Orange, the Classic is called orange but looks like Sunflower yellow to me.
Anyways, if it's not orange then it's a Lemon
;-)

·
Registered
102 Posts
I wanted the green, but got a good deal with a classic so i went with that. With the brown diamond pattern seat it looks a bit too retro imho. So i made some changes.
image.jpg

I still like the green but classic has grown on me too. Especially the aluminum fenders.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hello

Orange because it's one of the original color of the Scrambler, in year 62 and later.
Mine was entirely Orange and it was nice :) :
I like the "orange" rear fender. It's more of a yellow and I like that. I've been thinking of getting a Triumph front fender for better coverage in mud etc. Now that I see your yellow/black stripe rear fender, I think I'll go that way with both.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I love my Classic, although I got rid of its signature giant rear fender. I almost ended up with the Urban Enduro, but I've never been a fan of matte paint. Just doesn't do it for me. And I wasn't huge on the Classic's color but it's grown on me a ton!

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow great response. You've all just made it harder to choose, hehe. Seems to be the Urban has more of a following. Although the military green is the Steve McQueen.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Couldn't decide so bought one of each, Geezo, the Sled appeared so needed one of those too. (tbh. The Classic's my wifes)
Really, between the Urban and Cllassic it's easy as the army style is love it or hate it.
I will say though, if Steve McQueen had the Urban then he would have 'made' the fence
Hey good call, the missus loves bikes. Now just to convince her she wants both. Do they both ride the same? The idea is as a cafe runner and also camping with my bro's. I'm sort of tilting towards the rugged army green atm...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I like the "orange" rear fender. It's more of a yellow and I like that. I've been thinking of getting a Triumph front fender for better coverage in mud etc. Now that I see your yellow/black stripe rear fender, I think I'll go that way with both.
Will a high and long front and rear fender not look too dirt bike. I'd be keen to see the look of it. I too will be splashing mud off road.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I wanted the green, but got a good deal with a classic so i went with that. With the brown diamond pattern seat it looks a bit too retro imho. So i made some changes.
View attachment 25409
I still like the green but classic has grown on me too. Especially the aluminum fenders.
The exhaust is an awesome touch. Looks like a machine gun

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
899 Ducati Panigale. I had this beast of a sports bike off road for 20kms and due to wheel slip the engine revs were all over the place. Yes I should have turned the traction control off. Opps. My question to you is does the Urban or Classic have traction control

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
The 400 has no traction control, apart from the lack of cc's. The 1100 Scrambler however does have traction control and cornering ABS.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts