Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
image.jpg
My comfort seat finally arrived today! What a huge improvement! My bike is now almost perfect. The seat is definitely soft, but that's not the best part. The best part is that I can actually move to any seat position I want without being limited by the dip. I'm fairly tall at 6'1" and I was constantly pushing myself back on the dip. Can't say enough good things about it. At $250, it can't be beat. That's less than most on here have paid to rework the existing pan. I'm happy. World of difference.

Attachments

·
Registered
365 Posts
Sweet! That really looks good too! Oh man... I'm probably going to have to get one of these. I'll be curious to hear how it feels on a long ride.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have one on order also...Dealer said I should receive it in about a week. Full Throttle seat is ok, but not for long distances.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Is the pan different from the original? Or did they simply raise the rider's area?

Either way, it looks way more comfortable.

Don't know why it wasn't stock in the first place!

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
My god the stock seat is just awful - but I can't conceive of giving up the look of the seat on my classic for this.

Vanity has it's price - and in this case that means a sore ass for the foreseeable future.

Reactions: mars1110

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The seat pan is identical to the original.
image.jpg

image.jpg

I also took some profile comparison pics
image.jpg

image.jpg

I did also compare to the Urban Enduro seat at the dealership. The foam used is the same. (Which is softer than the Icon foam). There is just a bit more of it on the comfort seat. Specifically on the front of the seat leveling it out to make almost no dip at all. The texture of vinyl used to cover the seat is the same as the UE. It is stickier than that used on the Icon. Which is a lot better. You stay in place much better.

Still loving it after 100 miles or so. As I'm riding to work today, I noticed that I would flinch/brace over certain spots that usually rattle my brain. But I didn't have to. It is such a smooth and soft ride. Another benefit is seat position. It is definitely higher. I'm 6'1" and now my arms are in a perfect position.
I also realize why Ducati made the dip. It would be a wheelie monster if it didn't have it. I very rarely had the front wheel of the ground before the seat. I think the extra height was just enough to shift the center to the point that wheelies are very easy now. I'll try to keep that to a minimum :) (or maybe I'm just riding a bit more spirited)

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
That does look a nice seat scowa, wouldn't suit a lot of members due to the extra thickness,

I fitted the FT seat on my yellow Icon, It's a little more comfortable than the standard seat, Thing is I have to get off around 90 miles to fill up the tank and have a stretch,
I had to smile when you pointed out it was more comfortable over the bumps and doesn't rattle your brain, :rolleyes: That's the reason I fitted the Nitron shock, o_O

·
Registered
229 Posts
Thanks for the pictures, Scowa.

The pans and foam used in the seats on all four models appear to be the same. They all have the "HUMP FROM HELL", obvious in the overhead picture, above. The seat on my Classic, although nice to look at, is horrible to ride more than a few miles.

I am still trying to find someone willing to make a seat that will maintain the basic look of the Classic and eliminate that GOD AWFUL RIDGE!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Are the Ducati letters at the back of the comfort seat in WHITE? If so, I'll be getting one to replace the UE seat I got for my FT.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Does anyone have a photo of this seat on a yellow Icon? Looks to be what I am going after without being custom which is nice.

edit-

Also, the finish looks to be a bit nicer/less cheap on this than the stock one. Is that true or are my eyes deceiving me?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Are the Ducati letters at the back of the comfort seat in WHITE? If so, I'll be getting one to replace the UE seat I got for my FT.
Yep, letters are white on the comfort seat, just like the Icon seat

·
Registered
31 Posts
The seat pan is identical to the original.
View attachment 1830
View attachment 1833

I also took some profile comparison pics
View attachment 1831

View attachment 1832

I did also compare to the Urban Enduro seat at the dealership. The foam used is the same. (Which is softer than the Icon foam). There is just a bit more of it on the comfort seat. Specifically on the front of the seat leveling it out to make almost no dip at all. The texture of vinyl used to cover the seat is the same as the UE. It is stickier than that used on the Icon. Which is a lot better. You stay in place much better.

Still loving it after 100 miles or so. As I'm riding to work today, I noticed that I would flinch/brace over certain spots that usually rattle my brain. But I didn't have to. It is such a smooth and soft ride. Another benefit is seat position. It is definitely higher. I'm 6'1" and now my arms are in a perfect position.
I also realize why Ducati made the dip. It would be a wheelie monster if it didn't have it. I very rarely had the front wheel of the ground before the seat. I think the extra height was just enough to shift the center to the point that wheelies are very easy now. I'll try to keep that to a minimum :) (or maybe I'm just riding a bit more spirited)
Yesterday I did a quick 40 miles ride with the new comfort seat and I'll echo everything that Scowa said, it's MUCH more comfortable and since I'm around 5'11" it also helps my fit on the bike by giving additional leg room. The added padding definitely helps smooth out the ride, and since your bum is further away from the engine it also felt cooler than the stock seat. Extremely pleased so far!

·
Registered
965 Posts
I'm going to wait to see if Seat Concepts will have a model. They always get amazing reviews from many magazines as well as their pricing is unbelievable for the product.

seatconcepts.com

·
Registered
31 Posts
I forgot one other point about the comfort seat, it lists for $299, but my dealer gave me $50 off on it. If I wanted to I could probably sell the original seat for half that (if not more), so your end cost could be just over $100. For the quality and performance it's a tough upgrade to beat! (IMO)...

·
Registered
831 Posts
I too am finding the stock seat on icon awful . I need more height I am a little cramped. Going to try my sheepskin first, it's just a peice of black sheepskin, looks like a dead animal landed on the seat but if it stops the butt ache so be it!!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Do you have a side picture of the seat on the bike? Maybe a comparison between the two with similarly framed shots? I'm curious how much taller that one is, and how it looks against the bike. Also, how much did you pay for your Comfort seat, and now that you've had it for a bit do you still feel such a big difference?

1 - 20 of 72 Posts