Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
You may have noticed the exhaust hanger location on the Sled is different than on the other Scramblers 800, at the rear brake master cylinder instead of at the duo foot pegs. I have asked HP Corse two years ago if they would make a Sled specific exhaust, and although they had one prototype, it never made production yet.

I'm sure with a little fabbing you can make it fit, but I doubt if it would look as good as you would expect. The regular Scrambler connection pipe doesn't make the muffler swoop up enough to match the lines of the Sled imho...

·
Registered
143 Posts
I was able to mount Leo Vince's GP Style slip-on designed for the rest of the Scrambler line by only fabricating a new hanger bracket. In my case the bend of the supplied connector pipe ended up just as I wanted it. I don't know why more of the companies aren't just offering a different bracket etc to fit the Sled.

I didn't want it to sweep sharply up as it interferes with my luggage.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That was the answer we needed thank you Danketchpel

In the end due to the uncertainty I opted for the arrow pro which looks very similar in fact .. nice plain straight pipe no fuss .

·
Registered
788 Posts
I was able to mount Leo Vince's GP Style slip-on designed for the rest of the Scrambler line by only fabricating a new hanger bracket. In my case the bend of the supplied connector pipe ended up just as I wanted it. I don't know why more of the companies aren't just offering a different bracket etc to fit the Sled.

I didn't want it to sweep sharply up as it interferes with my luggage.

Not enough demand I suspect. The number of Desert Sled's is quite small, then divide that audience up between all the different exhaust options.
Thankfully, exhaust hangers should be a fairly easy piece to have made custom.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts