Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I picked up a 2019 desert sled. The owner told me a few things about the bike but as I get into checking it out there are some questions that are rather not bother asking him.

So, I found this wiring harness underneath the seat. Does anyone know what this is? It's a good quality harness and it looks like it might be for heated apparel. Also, there's a USB attachment.. It's not powered. I checked the fuse but it seems fine. Thoughts?

There is a tool kit underneath the seat. Does it look complete?

I also found a black plastic cap. What is this?

Are there any accessories plug-ins? For instance, my KTM had two "hot" wires in the headlight bucket for GPS and more.

Thanks for the info.
Jeans Outerwear Product Textile Sleeve

Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Motocross

Hand Arm Leg Finger Thumb

Coil Finger Electrical wiring Audio equipment Cable

·
Registered
2020 Ducati Scrambler Cafe Racer
7 Posts
The black plastic cap is a Ducati CAN BUS 4-pin connector shell. Or it could be a CAN BUS connector cover? Ducati uses that to communicate and update there motorcycles ECU. You can also charge/tender the bike's battery through that connector. Maybe the last owner removed the shell to gain easy access to the 4 pins of the connector. Not sure about that wire harness though?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey guys..... thank for the input. I just found out it part of the Garmin 595LM cradle harness. Very odd. Will need to get a manual. And pull the tank to see where it's connected.

Miguel

·
Registered
56 Posts
What you have there is the powered motorcycle mount for the Zumo 595 - interesting! Did the bike come with the gps unit itself? And I assume the cradle is still up on the bars.. hopefully? That would be unfortunate if the previous owner left that behind and took the unit haha.

Here's a link to the part in question:
zūmo 595 - Powered Motorcycle Mount

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What you have there is the powered motorcycle mount for the Zumo 595 - interesting! Did the bike come with the gps unit itself? And I assume the cradle is still up on the bars.. hopefully? That would be unfortunate if the previous owner left that behind and took the unit haha.

Here's a link to the part in question:
zūmo 595 - Powered Motorcycle Mount
Yea...the cradle is there. No GPS. Are you familiar with the different connectors? What do they do? I have no manual.

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
I can't find a manual for the Zumo mount, but I can provide a little insight from the wiring on my Montana's mount;
Short version: Its audio and data connections for integration with a vehicle head-unit.

Font Parallel Rectangle Document Event

·
Registered
56 Posts
Here's the diagram for the exact harness on your bike. There are features built in to the zumo that make use of these connections.

Rectangle Font Screenshot Number Parallel

Font Parallel Diagram Auto part Engineering

The link I posted previously has more info about the harness and zumo device if you need it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts