25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
20180816_161852.jpg
20180816_161933.jpg
20180816_161852.jpg
20180816_161933.jpg
20180816_161852.jpg
Hi All.
Just designed and fabricated a kit to change the slim front wheel to use a standard rear wheel (with no modification to the wheel). The kit includes new triple tree (yokes) brake spacer, spindle and spindle spacer. All manufactured by top people who know what they are doing. If interested give me a mail - all you need is a back wheel and tyre and about 4 hours of time....... The kit is about a third of the price of the kits from Italy!!!!!!

Chris haicookieko at gmail dot com

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I like it but not sure I would have it. I recon it would look great with the mt60 rear tyre on or a tkc 80.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was going to use mt60 tyre on the front but got a really good deal on a pair of other Pirelli's - 2 for the price of one.. so used them

·
Registered
211 Posts
I think I'm with Armo on this.
I like the idea of a fat front, but don't really understand it with road tread (other than the great 2-1 deal). I think it looks good, but surely this has a large negative impact on the handling? With knobblies that would be somewhat of a mute point.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can hand on heart say that the handling is fine - yes tiny bit more of rider input needed in very twisty section of road but that's all - its all about looks - why do people build big choppers or ones with ---king stupid handlebars - very small or ape hangers - its the look

·
Registered
211 Posts
Thanks!
As I said, I personally like the look from a custom aesthetic perspective (plus I have other faster bikes for road use if needed).
I totally get it more with the Italian pic you shared.

So you're offering this as a modification kit?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep
Kit includes - complete triple tree - ( top and bottom yoke and steering tube) brake spacer ( to allow front brake to fit rear wheel) spindle in EN84 (tool steel), spindle spacer - new stainless allen bolts for brake spacer and brake disc to spacer.
You will re use the tube nut - top steering bearing ( bottom one along with shim and seal either removed from your triple tree or bought from Ducati - can give numbers). There is NO modification required to the forks, frame, electrics, ''rear front wheel etc etc so the bike can go back to standard easy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yep
Kit includes - complete triple tree - ( top and bottom yoke and steering tube) brake spacer ( to allow front brake to fit rear wheel) spindle in EN84 (tool steel), spindle spacer - new stainless allen bolts for brake spacer and brake disc to spacer.
You will re use the tube nut - top steering bearing ( bottom one along with shim and seal either removed from your triple tree or bought from Ducati - can give numbers). There is NO modification required to the forks, frame, electrics, ''rear front wheel etc etc so the bike can go back to standard easy.

Your email address doesn’t work, it bounces back. Please email me on [email protected]. I want to know the price

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Cannot see why there should be any extra stress on the bike - its not like when they do long forks which changes the angle of the headstock etc
The wheel is not much heavier than the original front wheel - photo shows a customers bike in USA :)

1 - 21 of 34 Posts