Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We’ve been racing the Scrambler in the DTRA Hooligans this year for the first time after a couple of years with a Ducati framer. A lot has gone into making the bike competitive and we’re looking forward to a (hopefully busier) 2021 racing season. Here is a picture of Jack Bell putting the F***T20 through the paces.

·
Registered
63 Posts
We’ve been racing the Scrambler in the DTRA Hooligans this year for the first time after a couple of years with a Ducati framer. A lot has gone into making the bike competitive and we’re looking forward to a (hopefully busier) 2021 racing season. Here is a picture of Jack Bell putting the F***T20 through the paces. View attachment 46118
That's pretty awesome, do you have anymore details on the bike and the build? I love the white frame.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's pretty awesome, do you have anymore details on the bike and the build? I love the white frame.

Thanks, here’s a look at the bike under the (composite) skin, we dropped 30Kg compared to the stock bike. The list of mods as you can imagine is quite extensive, and some I can talk and some I can’t 😉 Anything in particular that you want to know?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Is there a reason why you didnt use a desert sled as a base? Seems like their reinforced frame and swingarm mount would be beneficial.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thanks, here’s a look at the bike under the (composite) skin, we dropped 30Kg compared to the stock bike. The list of mods as you can imagine is quite extensive, and some I can talk and some I can’t 😉 Anything in particular that you want to know? View attachment 46119
That's pretty awesome! So the gas tank was relocated under the seat and the original tank is just a fiberglass skin? I can imagine it's very competitive with the lost weight, these Scramblers could be very good multi purpose bikes at 350 lbs. Do you have a finished side pic with the skin and exhaust on it?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is there a reason why you didnt use a desert sled as a base? Seems like their reinforced frame and swingarm mount would be beneficial.
The swingarm on the DS can’t be modified enough to take the 19” wheels, not enough meat. See pic of how much we had to remove to clear.
Also Flat Track is much closer to track than off-road. Once we get a blue line is like tarmac out there.
Lastly there were no crashed DS when I decided to build the scrambler 😉

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's pretty awesome! So the gas tank was relocated under the seat and the original tank is just a fiberglass skin? I can imagine it's very competitive with the lost weight, these Scramblers could be very good multi purpose bikes at 350 lbs. Do you have a finished side pic with the skin and exhaust on it?
Yes that’s correct. We made a mold of the tank and then built the seat on, so is a single unit. The bike has proved really good and we finished second on our only race of the season, with a new bike and new rider, so we’re confident for ‘21. The bike responds well to changes on the track and Jack is getting more and more to it (he comes from singles)..
We’re building a new swingarm for next year as we could do with getting the wheel more under the seat as there’s a lot of wasted space on the original unit.
Also putting the tank under the seat has put some more weight on the rear wheel so it “hooks up” out of corners.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts